Will work for gear

seansigep

Hey there ladies and germs.

I love this forum; let me say that first and foremost. I also love recording, whether it be at home or in the studio.

I also love advertising and marketing, and you can tell that because I graduated from college with a degree in advertising/public relations. I also currently work as an advertising copywriter at a large retailer (you see my work when you open the Sunday paper and peruse the electronics pages).

There are some things I hate.
I hate not having good gear. Look at my signature and laugh with glee. I also hate not having much stuff for my advertising portfolio. I also hate small businesses that don't have the budget for quality ad campaigns, so instead either a.) fail as a business because nobody knows about them or b.) put shitty commercials on TV that actually drive people away.

So here is my proposition. If you have any old gear lying around that you don't want, be it dusty or grimy, but you do have a working recording studio or band that is in need of some marketing expertise, just let me know. I am a graphic designer, as well as professional copywriter, and I know how to do advertising stuff. See my website at www.seanscogin.com, i have some samples of stuff I did in school.

I have designed a few album covers for some local yokels, but my expertise is really in media buying/planning/designing of campaigns.

I work for gear, but I don't pay insertion fees or anything like that. I will do the art and copy, but won't put any of my own money up. I am not an ad agency, I'm just a recent college grad who likes recording and who thinks he can help out. Also, please realize that you aren't going to get top quality shit like you would if you hired a multi-billion dollar billing agency. Like I said, I'm just a guy, and I probably will be working alone (I may bring on an artist to help, but that might cost).

If you are interested, feel free to PM me. If you want to flame me for this, please post it in this forum so people can read your ignorance.

Like I said earlier, I DONT WANT YOUR MONEY!!! I want your gear, whether its an old amp, guitar, rack mount whatever, effects pedal...

Anyway, I'm going to pursue this professionally (music marketing) probably in the next couple of years (i.e. start my own thing), but as of now, too many things count on me having a stable (in advertising, hahaha) job.

So let me know! Get in on the ground floor before I become a huge successful hotshot.

Humbly,

Sean

p.s. If this was inappropriate, please let me know. I figure I could help some people out who may need my services but who don't have the money to get some decent coverage.

p.s.s. listen to my stuff, recorded on my stuff, at www.soundclick.com/seanscogin

Back