Will this completely deaden sound?

Awesome also you guys might want to know about this awesome place that I found. http://www.service-partners.com Their stores here in WA have roxul 2.5lb mineral wool 2' x 4' x 2" for $38 for 12 pieces! Also there is owens corning 703 for $160 for 12 pieces. Took forever to find a place that sells this stuff besides online stores. They are in multiple states. (BTW I don't work for them.)

The only place the 8lb might be more effective would be way down in the very deep bass - like 60Hz down or potentially even lower. Problem is, there's no way to accurately test that as the room has way too much impact down there and any lab to lab variance would swamp any potential difference.

4" thickness with a 2" gap, 4lb would be fine. 2.5lb is very similar to OC703 density wise and should work fine too.

If it was going to be a pure broadband bass absorber with a membrane attached to it, then I'd want the 8lb but simply due to the additional stiffness which will cause the membrane effect to be shifted lower in frequency.

Bryan
Thanks for clearing that up Brian :o

Back