Will N-track work with my sound card?

bass331964

Just built a new computer and I was thinking of trying out n-track for my first digital recording experience but I'm not sure if my sound card is compatible. It's a "creative labs soundblaster external mp3" (16 bit)
I've been on the n-track site but I don't see it listed (perhaps too cheap or old LOL)
I've used it for getting my analog recordings into my cpu for cd burning it works fine for that application but I'm not sure if it's up to par for n-track... if not what is an affordable card? I saw ensoniq but it appears to be discontinued...
any help will be greatly appreciated

I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I would opt to save up a few bucks and at least think about upgrading to an internal PCI soundcard such as an Audiophile 2496.
Any rate, you can download the demo of n-Track and see how well it works with your current card. Follow the manual for getting started and setting up your audio device drivers.

Thanks that's a good idea about the demo and thanks for the link for the card that's around where I would like to keep my budget at.

my sound card . . .

is a lowly Soudblaster 16. Yup not much in the way of professional quality, but it really seems to do a great job. I'm runing the audio output to my Sony stereo then to a pair of very nice JBL desktop speakers. I'm as my finances increase I'll opt for something else, but for a semi-rank newbie, gets the job done. :D

Back