Will my VST plugins from Cubase work with Protools LE?

anppilot

Never Act Like U Know All
In my switch from Cubase 3.7r2 VST over to the mighty PT LE, I have acquired tons and tons of plugins.

I remember back then when Cubase 3.* and 5 were popular, protools had a proprietary plugin.... there was directx plugins, but I dont think dx was it, they had something their own thing.

Has PT changed where VST plugins are now able to be used?

T.I.A.

:)

Whats the dif. between "some" as you say?

I'm only talking about efx, not instruments.

Is it a case of try-n-error?

T.I.A.
:D

I have a lot of vst's that work fine with PT but not sure what all you have so I would go trial and error but someone else might know better than me but like I said I haven't had a problem.

VST does not work natively with Pro Tools LE. RTAS and Audio Suite are the only ones that do.
If you want to use VST plugs you need to purchase the VST/RTAS wrapper from FXPansion

VST does not work natively with Pro Tools LE. RTAS and Audio Suite are the only ones that do.
If you want to use VST plugs you need to purchase the VST/RTAS wrapper from FXPansion

So that would explain to me what my boss had to buy when I couldn't get the plugins installed on the computer we used at the studio to install the plugins when we upgraded to pt there.

And bennychico you are making me realize everyday how much I think I know is nowhere near enough but if I remember correctly that's why you went to school and got pt certified if I do remember a couple of years back so don't quote me on that unless im right, lol

And bennychico you are making me realize everyday how much I think I know is nowhere near enough but if I remember correctly that's why you went to school and got pt certified if I do remember a couple of years back so don't quote me on that unless im right, lol

you'll never know everything! None of us will...it's a constant learning game. :) But the best way to learn as much as you can is just to do it. I learned Pro Tools not only because of the certification I went through (that helped a lot) but also because I use it every single day. But I know there is still a lot I need to learn out there. Not just in the PT world but the audio world as well. And that's why places like this forum are great because you can learn from other people's knowledge.

Back