Will a USB PCI card solve this problem!? HELP :(

loucephyr

Hey guys, So I purchased a Presonus Audiobox 44VSL a few days ago and I'm getting clicking and popping out of monitors and in recorded tracks. I've researched the issue and it is apparently a common issue among this line of interface. I've now registered the product with Presonus and can no longer return it so I'm trying to figure it out.

The reason I ask about the PCI card is because I read that this glitch sound I'm getting means that my computer isn't processing the data fast enough but at 4GB ram/3.3gHz AMD I'm well above the minimum requirements. Now when I plug the device into the front USB ports vs. the rear I get much better results but still clicking and popping. I've also played with the buffer and sample rates. My thinking is that the PCI will process data faster and give me the results I'm looking for.

Anyone have any information or experience with this product?

Thanks in advance!

What are your buffer settings? Usually this happens when it is set too low. On my Presonus, I usually can't take it below 512. What I do, when I record to reduce latency, I take it to 512 (seems tolerable for latency) and then when I am mixing, kick it back up to 1024.

Also, make sure your output volume is not set too high, I keep mine around 75% full or less. The little amps in that can't handle peaks when they are turned up fully.

Hope this helps.

What are your buffer settings? Usually this happens when it is set too low. On my Presonus, I usually can't take it below 512. What I do, when I record to reduce latency, I take it to 512 (seems tolerable for latency) and then when I am mixing, kick it back up to 1024.

Also, make sure your output volume is not set too high, I keep mine around 75% full or less. The little amps in that can't handle peaks when they are turned up fully.

Hope this helps.
Hey Dave,

thanks for the advice, it did help but did not entirely solve my problem. I went out and purchased the PCI USB and low and behold it solved my issue! I'm so happy now I can get back to work >:)

Thanks Dave!

Back