wierd problem

FrizzleFry

I am trying to record my guitar playing onto my computer. I have my guitar connected to the imput on my Marshall amp, and the amp's line out going to the line in in the back of my computer. I'm trying to record in windows sound recorder. When I record something and play it back, you can only hear it VERY faintly. I have to turn the amp up ridiculously loud to even hear at all.. and even then its still very faint. Surely this is abnormal. I checked the master volume levels for the line in and that the mute in not checked.. none of these were the problem? Does anybody know what I should do? Is this a problem with my soundcard? If it was youd think that my other soundfiles wouldn't play. But I play soundfiles all the time... downloads ect. Im just about to throw my computer out the window.

Do yourself a favor and get a real soundcard ! And windows recorder will only allow approx. 3 minutes of recording. Download a free demo version of multitracking software.

I would get a real sound card if I could afford one. For the moment I'm gonna have to make do with this one. I don't see the point in getting proper recording software if I cant get it to record on windows recorder.

Not an unknown problem…

Look what Spinsterwun said:
START>PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES>ENTERTAINMENT>VOLUME CONTROL>OPTIONS>PROPERTIES>RECORDING>OK.

And what 2rain said:
RIGHT CLICK THE LITTLE SPEAKER ON YOUR TASK BAR, AND THEN "ADJUST AUDIO PROPERTIES"(WIN98)... THEN CLICK ON THE RECORDING ICON AND MIXER WINDOW SHOULD APPEAR WHERE YOU CAN ADJUST LEVELS.

FrizzleFry,

I think there's a free-version of N-Tracks that may do the trick for you. There's an N-Tracks forum here at HomeRec if you have any questions.

Do a Google search for N-Tracks.

--
BluesMeister

Frizzle Fry- you havin problems with your recording buddy- shame, that sucks - we'll its too fuckin bad your a big moron and no one around here is gonna help your worthless ass out- oh, and "computer geak" maybe but alot of other things too. Take a hike...

Sincerely,
Jeff

Plug the speaker out of your amp into the line-in on your soundcard. You may have to get some adapters to make this work. Good luck!

(ducking for cover)

Damn Frizzle....You did WORSE than me as a newbie. And thats saying something. My first post here I was called stupid...but at least I survived....:)

How's it feel to back yourself into a corner? Are you going to try and save yourself now?

Back