Why must every tweed amp demo be ...

Thurgood

Chicken picken (picking) or distorted blues garbage? The amps are far more capable of such limitations. ??? Just asking.

Good one Occy. Player's limitations or rather better to say that the demos represent what these amps are "expected to be used for". The amps are more capable/versatile than the typical demo stuff we find on the net. There is good alternate example for an SDG tweed Deluxe on youtube.

The Chicken picken (picking) or distorted blues garbage used to demo tweed clones is probably akin to high gain amps and super distortion pickups being demoed by some head banger going wee, wee, wee all the way home. You wouldn't drive an Escalade and ask why you can't get more than 14MPG, would you?

The Chicken picken (picking) or distorted blues garbage used to demo tweed clones is probably akin to high gain amps and super distortion pickups being demoed by some head banger going wee, wee, wee all the way home. You wouldn't drive an Escalade and ask why you can't get more than 14MPG, would you?

Exactly!!!! I'd wager that the majority of guitarist world wide use the "clean" channel of their amps far more than they ever use the gain/distortion channel. Share a story with you........

........I have a demo, very quickly made of two of my favorite "Frankenstrats" and I'm playing through my favorite studio amp, an original Line 6 Spider 1(2000)112. Yields an exceptional clean to slightly dirty, edgy almost Dumble-esque tone with both of these guitars. I was shocked at the number of youtube viewers first of all who seemed fascinated by the simple examples I was playing and secondly at some of the comments about the sound, flava and playing ability of player. Shocked because I played this essentially clean type of thing and so many viewers found that well............. fascinating. So many amps; tube and modelers in particular are capable of so much more than speed metal blitzkrieg but the masses seem to think that electric guitar and great amps equal Moto-Grater!!! :) I really don't understand that at all.

I would say that most tweed amp demos are blues because that's what they're particularly noted for. Those are the people that made them desirable in the first place, because they could get that dirty sound that's unique to them. Just like a '65 blackface is noted for a tubey, warm clean, or a plexi is famous for it's distortion. That's the thing that they do that distinguishes them from other amps.

Back