why is acid wigging out like this?????

czar of bizarre

ok heres the deal guys. i recorded all these instruments to a roland 880ex on seperate tracks. from there i burn the tracks as audio. all the music was arranged PRIOR to recording.

i have blank measures at 5. this is how i want it. when i play it back on the roland all the sounds are on time. i used midi clock to sync and multitrack the recordings. basically ALL the tracks have the same start time. even if some of the sounds only play in verse 3 (which some do) they still start at the start of measure 5.

when i load the cd in to rip the audio to acid some of the files are on time and they sync up. some of the files are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off and some of them CHANGE TEMPO!!!!!. im using acid 3 PRO and the beatmapper. it says the beat mapper is used to make LONG TRACKS sync.

when i import a file it asks me if i want to use the beat mapper. i say yes.

after that it says STEP 1:the beatmapper has located the location of the first downbeat. verify and change if necessary.

i dont do ANYTHING but click next (this is what i have done in the past).

for STEP 2: the beatmapper has estimated the length of one measure. verify and change if necessary.

i leave it alone because in the past i never had to touch this however i notice something strange. on ALL of the tracks that are out of wack the tempo is off when page two comes up. they all have different tempos. i cannot change tempos from this page (i tried).

STEP 3: INSPECT EACH MEASURE TO ENSURE ACCURACY

I LEAVE THIS ALONE.

AFTER I GO THROUGH ALL OF THIS IT SAYS *FINISHED* AND IT HAS 3 BOXES CHECKED.

1.change project tempo to match beatmapped track
2.preserve pitch of beatmap track when tempo changes
3.save beatmapper information with file

all three of those boxes are checked but when the files are off. in the past all i had to do was click next ,next,next and finish when it was finally finished going through the beat mapper wizard. now its not working. what i will do now is load up WAVE LAB AND COOL EDIT PRO TO SEE IF I CAN IMPORT ALL THESE TRACKS AND PLAY EM BACK ON TIME. yes i tried unchecking some of those boxes but it doesnt change anything.

HERE ARE QUESTIONS THAT I MUST HAVE AN ANSWER TO:

1.WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH ACID AND WHY CANT I PLAY THESE FILES BACK AS A SYNCED SONG?

2.HOW DO I NEED TO SET MY CONNECTION IN ORDER TO BYPASS MULTITRACKING TO THE ROLAND AND JUST MULTITRACKING TO ACID OR SOME OTHER PROGRAM?

HERE IS HOW I HAVE MY *CHAIN* SET UP.

XP60 MIDI IN TO VS MIDI OUT/THRU

XP 60 MIDI OUT TO MIDI BOX IN

VS MIDI IN TO MIDI BOX MIDI OUT

WITH THIS CONFIGURATION (MIDICLOCK) I PRESS PLAY ON THE VS AND THE KEYBOARD PLAYS BACK.

WITH THIS CONNECTION I ALSO CHANGE THE SETTING ON THE VS TO "MIDI THRU" AND I LOAD THE MIDI INTO CUBASE TO CHOP , CUT AND ARRANGE.

WHAT I WANT TO DO IS PRESS PLAY IN ACID OR WHATEVER PROGRAM AND HAVE THE XP60 PLAY BACK. THE XP60 MUST AND I REPEAT IT MUST GO THROUGH THE VS BUT IT DOESNT HAVE TO "STOP" AT THE VS. IT HAS TO GO THROUGH THE VS BECAUSE THE VS IS MY LINK TO THE PC.

MAN SORRY FOR THE CAPS. ANYONE WHO KNOWS ME KNOWS THAT IM NOT YELLING. MY CAPS WERE ACTUALLY ON BY ACCIDENT.

GOD BLESS YOU FOR HELPING ME

CZAR

PS CAN I JUST RIP THE ***AUDIO*** FILES TO PRO TOOLS? IF SO WILL ONE TRACK (STEREO) TAKE UP 2 CHANNELS/TRACKS ON PRO TOOLS?

problem one is solved.

ok i used "easy cd-da extractor" on the files. basically i ripped them into wav files. imported them into acid dint use the beat mapper and everything was right on time.

now #2 still remains.

czar

Back