why Cool Edit pro?? i dont understand

dxl

you can't apply multi effects in real time......
and it's at the same price as wavelab ............?????????
what is good about it??????

I love CEP.

Like Garak says: It's stable, easy to use, lots of great plug ins and loads of editing possibilities. I don't care about the real time effects.

v.2 will have real time effects. If you buy 1.2 now you get upgrade for 0$?

yes.

drunk?

yesa.

xoxo

I've only come across three disadvantages of Cool:

1 The compressor is a pain in the ass to figure out. Not even Syntrillium will help me figure it out.

2 It doesn't do some effects in real time.

3 You have to be *really* careful when you're saving stuff, or it'll end up screwed up.

Now, considering how powerful it is, and how cheap compared to other multitrack editors, and how straightforward to use, and how attractive it is, that isn't a long list of downsides.

Cool 1.2 is a very very good program. And for what it's worth, the new version 2.0 (which is about to be released) has real time effects, and if it's better at saving things easily and helpfully, it will be everything 1.2 is not.

I'll agree about the saving bit. Unfortunetely, with me everything is totally screwed. Dwrong waves in wrong folders, I don't knwo how I'm ever going to clean that up :)

I have no problems with the compressor though.

welllll...it has the built in "pong" game...

don't know how to access it, you say...

in the single track view, go to help>about cool edit..
their logo page will come up. Now...the center of the flower...the little pink thing...drag it to the smallest circle on the "slinky" going towards the left. Once your their...let go!...and viola! Oh....ya gotta turn up the reverb for this too:D

there's other stuff...but that's another thread, when we are all really THAT bored!

wonder what 2.0 will have... space invaders??

And Nuendo kicks its little bitch ass. Who cares?

MY QUESTION:

Why come to a Cool Edit forum.. where we are all trying to learn how to be better engineers... if you just wanna talk shit about some other app?

If you like Wavelab... go use it. Get off the net, you dweeb.

and like....what is this??

"Wavelab3 ~4 can do multitracks, and CD's final mastering, far easeir to controler than soundforge."

What do I care about the different versions of wavelab?
And no, It can't do mastering, unless you mean "really amatuer-ish and shitty mastering...",... and who gives a damn about Sound Forge???? How in GODS NAME did that get into this? you cant do multitracking OR mastering on that!! But CDA is a dynamite arranger! Isnt there a sonic foundry forum you can go post that useless peice of dribble in????

anyway, peace out!!!

xoox

Cool Edit Pro vs Cakewalk

I received CEP limited version with my audio interface a while back. I loved it for editing. It was a breeze. I just upgraded my Cakewalk to Home Studio 2002 and find editing next to impossible and the program unstable. If a version of CEP with real time fx is coming out soon, I want it. For those that downplay real time effects, you won't want to be without them once love had them.

camn said:
god, Im a little bitch.

damn.

xo

hey man i'm just asking
because i really wana know why some people love CoolEdit so much, which i can't find anything better than Wavelab, yet at the same price range......
there must be something catching Cooledit users i can't see it.

ppl like CEP because its like a tape machine. It just works good. Its simple, no extra stuff confusing the issue... arm the track. yeah.

anyway, as you may know.. its become too limiting for me... so you're preaching to the choir.

xoo

ps... wavelab sux cuz they say they have a format for "lossless compression" why lie? I hate liars. at least syntrillium just ignores us. They dont outright lie.

xoox

TexRoadkill said:
Its so popular because it is one of the most easily pirated programs on the net. :p

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

BrettB said:
I'll agree about the saving bit. Unfortunetely, with me everything is totally screwed. Dwrong waves in wrong folders, I don't knwo how I'm ever going to clean that up :)

Create a new folder for a session.

Open session.

FILE>SAVE SESSION AS...

Tick the box with "Save copies of all associated files"

Save it to new folder, with new session name.

Delete old session folder.

Move on to next session...and so on.

I don't even know if you were just taking the piss, but I had to do this recently and it works. So there it is.

Cheers,

pAp

Back