Why are you here

Sanjanjoseph

Hey its late, and im just sittin around chowin down on easter candy and posting wherever i feel needed and i was woundering what was it that go you all into this sort of thing....i of course got a guitar i was 11 i think, yeah, and i then wanted to record my guitar....and i went from there, i have so much farther to go befor i actually know what im talking about, but im proud that i atleast know enough to make things up/assume....but yeah, i was just woundering........
~sjj

I'm here because my mother made me listen to non-stop new age electronic music since I was born. The funny thing is she absolutely hates the electronic music I play and produce. HA!

I'm here because I crossed that unfortunate line from musician making music to recordist who would rather make someone ELSE sound good...! I still love and play music, but I don't write / develop songs like I used to before I got deep into this deal.

War

Paying big bucks to record in commercial studios and always being dissapointed with the results. I new I could do it the way I wanted if I could just turn the knobs. This morphed into I could do it the way I wanted if I just owned the knobs.

i am here because it is a bunch of musicians some professional some ametuer(like me) adn like me i need help on stuff. I started playing because i wanted to do something different than everyone else. It kinda ticked me of though cuzz as soon as i startd aobut a 3 months later at christsma everyone else got a guitar because i did. I've been playin for 3 years now almost.

i got my first guitar when i was 13.
at those times i had a little band. one christmas i got a tascam 424mkiii and a pg48 and i started messing up with it...(no...i didnt know what clipping was lol)

one night while i was looking for info on the internet i found this site (not the bbs but the tips site) and i found out that i could record using my computer in the microsoft sound recorder

i made a cool recording a transfered to my computer (using the soundcards mic in...horrible mistake =( )... i still have it hahaha its fun to listen to it but the singer hates it haha

i convinced a local band that they should pay me to record their demo. they had a nady drum mic set but i didnt have any phantom powered pre amps so i bought a cheap behringer mixer... and no...i didnt know what clipping was by those times lol

the demo was horrible but i got my money and bought a pair of condensers and a sm57

...and thats how i started =)
a lot of mistakes but a lot of learning (yes, now i DO know what clipping is n_n)

*one more thing*
i was completely sure my basement was haunted when i started hearing radio stations in my guitar amp

=)

MemoGtr said:
*one more thing*
i was completely sure my basement was haunted when i started hearing radio stations in my guitar amp

=)

ahah, i ounce picked up an orental music station on my amp for days, i got it clear when i turned on the boost-conincidentally after i watched the exercist...ahaha....

I'm here because I can't find anyone to jam with, mostly due to my own time limitations.

A couple of friends came over (3 years ago?), and we proceeded to make horrendous recordings through my mackie 808 into a cheap dual cassette (much the same way I first recorded, 19 years ago!). These were truly horrendous, distortion box direct into the mackie, death metal growls through radio shack mics, drum machine clipping...
And I thought it was oh-so-cool...

We did that once or twice more, then I started doing it by myself...

AND THEN I FOUND THIS PLACE!

Back