Why are there so many rapers in this forum?

wallystripes

I mean, most hip hop artists arent really going to get into serious recording

Most of the times they will use a beat (either one from someone else, one they sampled or one they composed and played on a vst) and record vocals on top of it, THATS IT. Its not like they will record a drum kit with a bunch of mics and have to deal with room sound, phase issues, etc.

I know there are exceptions, there are some REALLY good hip hop artists. Im not hatting the genre or even people who just record vocals. I just see a lot of them around and I dont think its really necessary to be in these forums if all you're going to do is record vocals over a beat

C'mon, hate on me

They record at home, even if it is just vocals....this is homerecording.com....

I'm not seeing the issue. :yawn:

And people recording a kit aren't the only ones who have to deal with room sound. Think hard. :facepalm:

Yeah, I know everyone deals with room sound. I was just tryong to make a point on the different complexity of the recordings made by the users of this forum

Yeah, I know everyone deals with room sound. I was just tryong to make a point on the different complexity of the recordings made by the users of this forum

No you weren't. You were basically calling them out and telling them they don't need to be here.

Hatting & raping - well, Alex wore a (bowler) hat in the Orange & did a lot of the other too.
Would someone please point me in the direction of this thread?
I don't want to come the heavy in terms of spelling but this may well be an example of why there is some reason for the existance of a common undertsanding of it & the importance of it in communication UNLESS it's all a jape & I've missed it by skimming in my reading.

HAHAHA gotta admit my typo was hilarious. I hadnt realized until you guys started comenting on it.

I guess this thread will get off topic and no one will ever discuss the fact that so many hip hop artists use this forum when their recordings are really simple and probably they will just be around for a week

HAHAHA gotta admit my typo was hilarious. I hadnt realized until you guys started comenting on it.

I guess this thread will get off topic and no one will ever discuss the fact that so many hip hop artists use this forum when their recordings are really simple and probably they will just be around for a week

Everyone bow to the great recording snob.

It's a public forum and rappers are just as welcome here as anyone else.Even if they just record vocals there's still micing and recording techniques that can be learned.Believe it or not there may be some rappers who can actually sing and play instruments very well.

Back