Why am I so unpopular? Maybe because my music is too good for my age?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking the assumption that English is not your strong suit ... the comments you mention on others' youtubes are that person's friends and not necessarily unprejudiced.

This 'beat' music isn't my thing. I want lyrics, or a melody, or something other than a beat to dance to.

If you want real acknowledgement, do something different not what everyone else does.

Why bring age into it. Your age means nothing. If your music was good, and you promoted it well, it would stand up and out from the rest.

It's all down to you and hard work. That's it. :thumbs up:

Unpopular? Mate, writing music is not a popularity contest! You need to keep your priorities in check. Are you writing music for you because you enjoy it? Or are you writing music to try to get a large fanbase and become popular?

I can't believe I subscribed to a site where this kind of comment is peppered throughout its pages.

My mistake.

Relax. It was a joke. I obviously don't know what he looks or smells like. How do you function in every day life if simple innocuous words on a screen that aren't even directed at you upset you so badly? What has happened to the internet? When did it get so sensitive? People used to have thicker skin.

Why bring age into it.

It's a safety net. If they provide an age disclaimer, they essentially cover their butts from all angles. Letting everyone know that they're only 14 or 16 or whatever.....people might pull their punches. Something that's average to good will get blown out of proportion because it's coming from just a kid, and something that sucks awful won't get beaten to death because it's coming from just a kid. It's like a "puppy dog smell". Puppies have that special smell to let adult animals know that they're just babies. It's like, "hey, you smell that? I'm a puppy. When I do something dumb, don't kill me over it". The smell is the safety net. So is age....unless you're an adult.

I can't believe I subscribed to a site where this kind of comment is peppered throughout its pages./QUOTE]

Do you always sign up for a site without checking it out first? You'd have been a dead duck on the old Harmony Central forums.

To the OP--you have to find your own niche, something that sets you apart and build a following. There's no such thing as instant success.

It's a safety net. If they provide an age disclaimer, they essentially cover their butts from all angles. Letting everyone know that they're only 14 or 16 or whatever.....people might pull their punches. Something that's average to good will get blown out of proportion because it's coming from just a kid, and something that sucks awful won't get beaten to death because it's coming from just a kid. It's like a "puppy dog smell". Puppies have that special smell to let adult animals know that they're just babies. It's like, "hey, you smell that? I'm a puppy. When I do something dumb, don't kill me over it". The smell is the safety net. So is age....unless you're an adult.

:thumbs up: That makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back