Who's using Lynx?

OzNimbus

Just curious as to who is using a Lynx card with Sonar.
If anyone could give me info as to what it's like to work with them... i.e. sound quality, driver compatibility, latency, etc, etc, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
-0z-

i'm guessing you mean the lynx one and lynx two correct?

i use the lynx two C right now

well with sonar 2.2 it wasn't all that great random crashing, drop outs etc.

but since sonar 3 its working great i'm guessing the asio implemenation in 2 was lacking....so its rock sold in 3 and not in 2, i'm running dual 1900+athlon mp, win pro, MSI mobo, 1 gig of ram

as far as latency i can get the lynx two down to .7ms, in sonar 2 there would be excessive drop outs, haven't tried it in sonar 3 though cuz i'm happy with my current 10.66 ms

as far as sound quality no other sound card can touch it! it will definitly improve your overall sound especially if you mix in the box cuz lynx converted tracks stack very well, doesn't get muddy and I can go up wards to 40 tracks with my mixes..welll it has a little something to do with the rnp to great pre for cheap bucks....

Thanks for the info, Teach. I'll admit I've been drooling over the Rosetta 800, but someone suggested to check out the Lynx. (Actually, it was Nathan over on Gearslutz) Mainly because the conversion is on par or even better than the Rosetta, not to mention the price. I've got my eye on the C card.

As for latency, Lynx only supports ASIO, do they not? How well does S3 handle ASIO?
I'm running my delta at 2.9 ms latency with full input monitoring in S3 (2.8 ghz P4) and it's been fantastic.
I just hope the Lynx can do as well.

-0z-

OzNimbus said:

I'm running my delta at 2.9 ms latency with full input monitoring in S3 (2.8 ghz P4) and it's been fantastic.
I just hope the Lynx can do as well.

-0z-

the lynx will eat the delta's food and the delta and shit it out the next day...

its a good thing...it was suppose to mean that the lynxtwo kills the delta (insert which ever one you want) in every single aspect: sound quality, latency, and stability..

Teacher said:
its a good thing...it was suppose to mean that the lynxtwo kills the delta (insert which ever one you want) in every single aspect: sound quality, latency, and stability..

And that's using ASIO drivers?

-0z-

just got the lucidgenx6-96 all i gotta say is :eek:

its not as huge a jump like lynxtwo from a delta/echo/etc.

but there definitly is one when the lynxtwo is clocked to it

Back