Who's still using N-tracks besides me?

I'm using N-Tracks. I use it to mix tracks I record off my Midas board at shows. Despite the whinning and bitching of some on the FaSoft boards, I find it extremely powerful and easy to use. The plug-ins all work. It runs very efficiently on my P4 3.0ghz, with 2gb of RAM, in XP.

TD... if you have a stable PC, it should work fine. And I think you'll like it. The interface is clean and easy, but does take some learning. Make sure you have uptodate drivers for your sound card.

Good Program

I've always been a fan of n-track even though I use other applications as well. It's what I learned on and it is VERY powerful.

Hey, I like N'track. I had used the very generous demo before I bought CEP 2.0 and didn't like it at that time. I came back to it years later to find that it's a whole new world. The same easy mixing GUI but now much better sounding. And I can now set it to chase my 1" 16-track thanks to Midiman! It's not as stable for recording as Vegas is, much more stable than CEP. But it's not as good for editing as CEP of course but it's playback routing is far superior compared to Vegas and it's a lot easier on the system than Vegas or CEP. Thanks to N'track, I can mix DAW material from other studios on an analogue console.

Whining and bitching isn't really where it's at, actually. A lot of folks have a bad time with it, and try and use it and get through the trouble because they spent money on it. It's not mostly for the sake of being a pain in the ass to anyone else, I don't think.

I used it, until it just got too weird and I was spending more time on working around trouble than I was mixing down my tunes. I am waiting hopefully for v6.x to be a new edition, and coded without the bloaty code...

I love the idea and ethic of n-Track. And the GUI is awesome!

Meanwhile there's a songwriting contest you can go to the site and check out...

MAn you wanna talk cheap???? I tried the free version couldnt make no sense of the %$#$@! need help. jes trying to have some cheap recording fun

I have used n-tracks for about 6 or 7 years now, prefer it over pro-tools for some situations. As long as you know some of it's quirks, it is quick and easy to get great sounding tracks.

TD... if you have a stable PC, it should work fine. And I think you'll like it. The interface is clean and easy, but does take some learning. Make sure you have uptodate drivers for your sound card.
Show me a screenshot.... ?

:D

Here's a link to the features page of N-Track:
N-Tracks Features

It's got screen shots. those screen shots have just about everything that can be opened on screen. However, it IS customizable. I have much less on my screens.

Beta version 6 is ready for download now too. Many new features and functions. But wait for the final versions.

I will have to look at it again later on a different pc. For some reason, the one I am on (and it's a gov't pc, go figure) won't let me open that site.... :(

Me!! I'm still using it!!! Or...at least...I'm going to start using it again!!!

(Whazzup, cellardweller???)

Me!! I'm still using it!!! Or...at least...I'm going to start using it again!!!

(Whazzup, cellardweller???)
Hey!!!!!
How have you been?

Didn't I see your face on the back of a milk carton? :eek:

Attachments

• perj.jpg
    perj.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I still use it. Never had anything else to use! It's done well for me, although I use Wavelab essentials for mastering. I'm a simple kind of guy.

bd

Back