Who said you could pump out good records with an MD8?

Gregwor

This is a sample of a recording I did afew months ago of my band. It was recorded with crappy mics plugged right into the unit....no mic pres or anything. The drums were recorded with 5 mics total....with 3 loud ass bands jamming around all 3 walls of us at the time.....the only effect I used was a really old noisey shitty Boss reverb unit. Other than that, this is right off my recorder into my integrated shitty sound card, and I 'mastered it' (if you want to call it that) with Izotope Ozone. That's it. I know it's not rediculously good, but I have been asked 'what studio did you record at' numerous times.....so this is just a point proving that this unit can be used as more than just a 'scatch pad' as alot of people like to call it. Lemme know what you think of the recording/band/music/ or whatever. Thanks. Greg.

www.mp3.com/thehollywoodending

Hey - I dig the tunes - they do sound suprisingly good for crappy mics, and little/no effects. Good job!
Did you post the link in the mp3 clinic?

Thanks!

...and no...I didn't post them. Only here. I wish I could of had a better kick mic. And I'm recording a 5 song CD for my band now that is coming along great.......I'll post it when it's done. Later. Greg.

Back