Who makes SX guitars

sx guitars

i have 3 sx guitars ... a les paul std,a les paul jr, and a pj bass ... i dont know who makes them but i like them ... nice straight necks, great action. they stay in tune, sound great, there pickups are a little weak, hdw is not bad , finish is nice, for the $ they are worth it .. i have not had any problems w/ anything .... they all have been gig'd plenty.... i would not call them shit ... if you want a great deal on a low cost guitar check em out ..... :cool:

They're made by Rondo Music, and they're good entry-level instruments for the price.

SX Guitars
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SX Guitars is a Chinese manufacturer of guitars, basses, and small percussion instruments. The TEAM Internation Company from Taiwan produce SX guitars on Starsun Music factory in Guangzhou, China. In 2003 they hired american luthier George Gorodnitski ("MASTER" guitars, Los Angeles) to create GG series of electric and acoustic guitars. The quality was improved dramatically. According to Harmony-Central reviews, SX guitars now are as good as american-made Fenders. Their often low prices (usually around $100 USD) make them ideal for beginners as well as for those who desire an inexpensive guitar easily upgraded with after market parts. The main United States supplier is Rondo Music.

yeah but im noy sure about

"SX guitars now are as good as american-made Fenders"

mabey they are!!!!!

sx guitars

raven46 ...... great responce ........ the quality is as good as epiphone or mim fender's ....... i put a hot set of pickups in the std ..... realy woke it up ......... i needed something inexpensive to gig biker bar's w/ they were and still are perfect for that .......... i am very picky about my guitars ... a les paul should play/feel/sound like a les paul ...... the difference beteween sx guitar's and the real thing is very minimal ..... but like w/ any guitar you should play it before you buy it .... if possible ...... when i was in the store [rondo] there was a gold top that looked great .... but played like crap ... a good set up might have helped ????? :cool:

dave..... said:
watermelon ............ which one are you interested in ??
The les paul copy. I played one the other night and thought it was ok. Was similar to my epi les paul, but a lot heavier. As in weight, not tone.

watermelon said:
I killed it. Kept it in the back of my station wagon and the kid seat slammed down on it.

oh shit, not gud...

i had one years ago and it was stolen i loved it, it had a glued neck and was really nice to play with a great tone for a cheapish guitar(£500punt at the time was a lot of money)

i would buy another epi(but i dont need to i got a les paul custom :) ) or a fender tele (a friend got a tele i think it was a jap/korean from thomman for about 450euro and it was real sweet, now that was a cheap and great guitar, but i would go for the mex i think its making about 700euro or if i was lucky to get and american on ebay for 700 to 1000euro but thats down the road a bit yet though

OK so they're not manufactured by Rondo, but if you want one in the U.S., you have to go through Rondo's website, buy it from Rondo via eBay, or buy it used.

dead epi ?

ohh man sorry about your epi .... [bow's head] my epi is my # 2 guitar .... if anything happened to it ..... i would cry .... any chance of fixing your epi ???? or will it end up donating pickups to the sx ?? :cool:

rondo

you can deal w/ rondo direct ..... you dont need to go through e-bay .... they are great guys to deal w/ ...... 1st class service :cool:

dave..... said:
ohh man sorry about your epi .... [bow's head] my epi is my # 2 guitar .... if anything happened to it ..... i would cry .... any chance of fixing your epi ???? or will it end up donating pickups to the sx ?? :cool:
Nah I had been wanting to get some better pickups for the epi. It probably can be fixed, I'll have to take her into the doctor for a check up. But I've been looking for a number 2 for a while, so I might go with the sx and depending on how sick the epi is, maybe demote the epi for the sx.

sx

wich les paul are you looking at ?? ..... the cherry sunburst i have looks/plays/sounds great ........ the case's they sell are pretty good to ..... mine took a beating last night after practice driving home ...... guitar was still in tune :cool:

Back