who loves orange? I love lamp..

blueroommusic

you want this big boy?
just bought an orange combo. dear god. i finally mustered enough cash for one, and boy was it worth it. i've got it going through a vintage marshall cab, and the tone needless to say is perfect for me. but it's the loudest damn thing i've ever heard i've got the master volume on 2 and it's practically deafening. anyways, just wanted to know what everyone thinks of these guys. any personal experiences? any horror stories?

I can't wait to try one of these out. I've heard nothing but goood things, but the closest dealer to me is about 50 miles.

I'm hopefully getting an Orange AD30TC combo tomorrow. I spent about an hour in the store playing both my Epi Les Paul and my USA Strat through it. I'm not kidding. An hour. No playing along with music, just sitting there playing...making stuff up...trying different things to see how it reacted. Most amps would bore me in a matter of minutes, but these amps just have such a reaction to the way the guitar is played that I couldn't turn the darn thing off!

A store not to far from me has a whole range of these,
i didnt get to try them out because i was in a hurry, but i'm going back in the
next couple of days to try out a nice little bass combo i think it was the Crush35? (black grill)... Any thoughts?

I've heard the tube heads thou...very nice indeed!

I have no idea about their actual sound, but as I understand it, the Crush series is Orange's budget, entry level amp series. They probably won't give you a true representation of what makes Orange amps so amazingly good. See if you can try out one of the AD series amps while you're there.

Scottgman said:
Congrats man!

Nothing compares to a really nice tube amp. It's almost better than sex!

When you reach my age it is better than sex, at least you can turn it on whenever you want.
Heh Heh

Ive got an old 2x12 orange cab, running at 16 ohms.

When i need a punishing lowend on guits, its the one to look to.

-Finster

Back