Who here mixes LIVE music?

Live mixing

B,
Yeah the BBE will do. Event 20/20...hmmm. I believe they would make better studio monitors...I'm not sure.
I can relate to the charity. This band I'm backing seems to not demand enough for their talent. Of course I love it so I shouldn't bitch about the pay. I love making them sound great. The pay will come later...I hope...

Gidman

Re: Live mixing

gidman said:
B,
Yeah the BBE will do. Event 20/20...hmmm. I believe they would make better studio monitors...I'm not sure.

:eek: LOL ;)

Yes, they definitely would make better studio monitors. I only mentioned them because of the terrible price the shop had on them. $500 for unpowered (ab)used 20/20's? I thought they were cheaper than that new. ;)

-B

Live Mixing

B,
I thought that they were monitors. I don't know studio monitors that well. I use an old set of Cerwin Vega's for my studio, They sound great so I have stuck with them. Where did you find the 20/20's? Shop around you'll find some decent Mains.

Gidman

Thanks gidman. The 20/20's were at Musicgoround. They usually start with nasty prices to see if anyone will bite and then gradually drop the price the longer the product sits on the shelf. It's a good place to shop if you've done your homework. I picked up an ESP MIII for $400 a few months ago. Sweet. :D:D

At another local shop, I found some low end JBLs with either 2x12 or 2x15 with a horn for under $500 for the pair. Not bad. I'll probably check for a used CS-800 on eBay and combine it with a Mackie CFX-12. Thanks again for the input.

Matt

BBB said:

Roel?

Reminder #3.

DOH!!!
:o :o

Forgot about it... Damn... Sorry man. Anyway, fimpen just gave you the link... :o :o :o

*Roel bows his head in shame, cuts of his long hair, and lives his further live as a sissy...*
:o :o :o

Back