Who else Loves the Ibanez S series guitars???

TMatt142

Not sure what kind of response I'll get...nor do I really care...I just love the S series that Ibanez puts out. I've had a few RG's A Fender Strat, but ya know,...a guy just always ends up with what he feels most comfortable playing anyone else? Oh anyone have the new S-520EX??

S-series

No, I believe they're better. come with a ZR trem now and the bodies edge is a tad more "squared" over the Satriani model. Still a very thin guitar though.

Last edited:
Very much the same as the 80's Saber series actually, I believe the Saber is the same body as the JS with the more rounded edges, where as the S series has a thin flat edge.
I agree the S is an incredibly comfortable guitar, and the ZR tremolo is the best I have ever played, though I have no need for any trem.

S series...oh yes. Meet Betty, my 7 string S with Duncans. I wouldn't trade this for any guitar in the world, except for...y'know...an extremely expensive guitar that I could sell so that I could buy this one back.

Attachments

• IMAG0005.JPG
    IMAG0005.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 78
I believe you have something of mine!!!!!!!!!! Very nice 7-string!! Another S that I"m dyin to get my hands on is the 1625 (I think thats it)....the Prestige model. But a guys gotta have priorities......7-string first. Oh, wasn't the S line up .....actually in the 80's the Frank Gambale line???

I've never seen a 7 string S before. Looks nice, but I'm a little afraid of a 7 string floyd rose. I'm perfectly fine with working on regular floyd roses, but the 7 seems like it might be different balancing it, especially with all the different tunings that tend to accompany the addition of a seventh string.

ibanezrocks said:
I've never seen a 7 string S before. Looks nice, but I'm a little afraid of a 7 string floyd rose. I'm perfectly fine with working on regular floyd roses, but the 7 seems like it might be different balancing it, especially with all the different tunings that tend to accompany the addition of a seventh string.
You're right to be afraid! I've got mine blocked off, because tuning this thing just SUCKED. I attached some metal strips to the back of the trem, so I can dive down if I want to with no worries of it going out of tune. (I can't pull up, but hey...that's what "bending" is for!) Now, everything plays perfectly well, tuning is a breeze, and the Floyd feels very comfortable to rest on. But yeah...why anybody thought a 7 string needed a floating bridge is a mystery to me.

Last edited:
TMatt142 said:
I believe you have something of mine!!!!!!!!!! Very nice 7-string!! Another S that I"m dyin to get my hands on is the 1625 (I think thats it)....the Prestige model. But a guys gotta have priorities......7-string first. Oh, wasn't the S line up .....actually in the 80's the Frank Gambale line???
Yep, Gambale did use these. My first S was actually one of the 540 ltd's that I bought in around 91 or 92. I miss the hell out of that guitar... :(

Back