Who duplicates your CDs?

alphadelta80

Is anyone here paying someone like Discmakers or Ricochet discs for their CD duplication/ replication? I am ready to get some copies pressed up to sell locally. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as far as who does the best job and who has the best deals. I'm probably going to start with 3000 copies with full color discs, inserts, liners, etc. Also, I'd like a barcode and shrink wrap. I see loads of advertisements in magazines but I thought I could save myself some time and phone usage by asking you guys first. Oh by the way, I'm not totally satisfied with my cover art either. Do any of these duping companies provide graffics? What can I expect to pay?

I see a lot of ads for some good deals on cd duplication on site like: musiciansfriend,zzounds, and sweetwater.

Discmakers is doing mine, High quality stuff. They have in house graphic designers. they are doing everything right down to the shrink wrap and bar code.
They are pricey, but you get what you pay for and i wanted a real pro CD.

I got a quote from an irish company,300 cd's, regular cd case, colour print on the cd, no booklet, just a dubble sided insert, and a tray insert with a barcode,
And they were being printed from a GlassMaster

Came to around the 900 Euro range.

*Were did i leave my CD-R's hmm :D *

Check out Oasis. They have full design capacity and can also set you up with online distribution through Tower and Amazon, etc.

i dont want to dismiss what the others are saying,

but please check out http://www.iconomnimedia.com

they have a great reputation, and the best prices i've found anywhere, Im going through them.

they are running a 1000 fully packaged cd special now for $843 with 2 panel insert, $938 for 4 panels, and an instant price calculator for whatever quantity and packaging you need.

alphadelta80 said:
I'm not totally satisfied with my cover art either. Do any of these duping companies provide graffics? What can I expect to pay?

not being a smart ass :) its Graphics* lol sorry pet peeve :)

strict9ne said:
does anyone know how to press their own actual cd
You can't press your own discs... it's a process that requires specialized and extremely expensive facilities/equipment.

Burning your own CD-Rs is as close as you're gonna get......

One of my bands had about 1,000 copies of our first debut CD pressed by Dsicmakers. Granted, they ARE more pricey but they did 100% of the artwork and totally ran with it as well as covering all of the basic mastering and such. We are 100% more than plased with the work they did for us and they also included shrinkwrap and barcodes on our Cd for a little extra but it was woth it in the end.

Back