Who Cover Tune

I think it's not bad, maybe a bit on the loud side for streaming, but worst case they just turn it down a few dB. I think you did a good job giving the impression of the original without quite replicating it. The original has the drums panned left and the electric guitar panned right.

Something about the timing doesn't seem right. It feels like the guitar is getting ahead of the drums in parts. I hope that doesn't throw a wrench into the gears, but it's something I'd look into.

Ok I advanced about 70% of the drum tracks, 1/128th, its definitely better and I think its good enough to get the song across. Thanks Boulder.

Attachments

• WNGTI Mp3 +.mp3
    18.1 MB
Can you tell which parts ?
I'm having a hard time separating out what's a timing issue and what's just the fact that you're not playing the exact arrangement on the record. Right after "cork" is one spot where it seems especially apparent. Overall there's something a bit loose about the timing that I can't quite put my finger on. It might be best not to take me too seriously until others comment.

I don't want to take away from the fact that I think it's quite good. I just worry that people will inevitably judge it against the original since you've made a point of being so close to it in many ways.

That might be better in general. I'd get more opinions before doing more work on it or considering it done.
Thanks, after "cork" is one spot I advanced. Its very hard to hear what the kick is doing on the record, I lowered the kick in that spot because I also thought it was awkward, then I put it back up. IDK ?

Yep the vocals are pretty dang good...drums are odd and it just seems like the timing on the guitar and the key parts are slightly off time / out of sync in spots... Big song to go after so KUDOS for going for it ..it sure isn't bad and definitely has some great parts. (y)

The drums are the problem, the rest is rather nice - the basic rhythm is good but those dumpy-dumpy dump fills are the problem - they should be in triplet time, so maybe you've accidentally quantised them to normal time?

Back