who comes 1st tha producer or the rapper

Cflow,

Sorry to get this thread sidetracked. I did post my opinion on the subject on the 2nd page I think. I'll give a quick recap.

With all the technology of today the producer is way more important than the artist. A producer can augment the artists abilities, so the artists really needs very little talent. Ja Rule is a good example of this in the rap world. This hasn't always been the case, but in the last 5 years or so we've watched the producers role develop due to all this new technology.

Personally, even though I am a producer, I don't like the position of the producer right now. I believe the artist and producer should of equal importance, if not the artist moreso. This would normally require the artist to be pretty talented, which should be the case.

There's nothing worse than going to a live show of an artist you thought was hot as hell only to find out they completely suck live (Ja Rule). When this happens you know that the guy (producer) behind the scenes made it all happen in the studio, not the artist. If you can't perform live you are not a real artist but a studio poser IMHO.

Stray

stray411 said:

There's nothing worse than going to a live show of an artist you thought was hot as hell only to find out they completely suck live (Ja Rule). When this happens you know that the guy (producer) behind the scenes made it all happen in the studio, not the artist. If you can't perform live you are not a real artist but a studio poser IMHO.

Stray

Beautifully stated stray :D :D :D :D :D :D

stray411 said:
Cflow,

Sorry to get this thread sidetracked. I did post my opinion on the subject on the 2nd page I think. I'll give a quick recap.

With all the technology of today the producer is way more important than the artist. A producer can augment the artists abilities, so the artists really needs very little talent. Ja Rule is a good example of this in the rap world. This hasn't always been the case, but in the last 5 years or so we've watched the producers role develop due to all this new technology.

Personally, even though I am a producer, I don't like the position of the producer right now. I believe the artist and producer should of equal importance, if not the artist moreso. This would normally require the artist to be pretty talented, which should be the case.

Stray

Like ur comparison 2 Ja Rule here - can't stand tha guy

(must admit I have written a diss or 2 on him :rolleyes: - juz couldn't help myself:D )

why do the rappers think they run the whole show ,until they fell the heat from the music buzzz.

Back