White band on krik's hand

-=¤willhaven¤=- said:
its probably athletic tape putting pressure on his knuckles

What does that do? I'm curious.

The only thing I could think of was it protects the side of his hand from the bridge during all that riffin'.

Or it was poser gear. :)

boingoman said:
What does that do? I'm curious.

The only thing I could think of was it protects the side of his hand from the bridge during all that riffin'.

Or it was poser gear. :)

well the thing is i asked someone about this and they said it was used because he'd tear his skin but i was just wondering if that was really the reason or if it was for something else.

Well James Hetfield raps his knuckles with a ruler every time Kirk plays a bad note live and it's either a bandage, or Kirk trying to conceal the massive welts resulting from out of tune bends or general sloppiness.

Kirk *did* get tired of this and their shrink decided that to help the band healing process, in addition to hugs all around, Kirk shouldn't play solos on St. Anger.

Hopefully Bob Rock got a few knuckle raps though... for his bass playing and worst production ever on a major label album (the fact that it was intentional made it worse).

well, i know rock climbers who tape their fingers so their tendons don't pop while climbing

maybe kirk has tendon problems and tapes his knuckles so he can play comfortably

" The only thing I could think of was it protects the side of his hand from the bridge during all that riffin'."

I'm pretty sure this is the reason, being a fellow F.L.I.P. I used to wear something similar when performing, especially in the winter, dry skin has torn my hand open on more than one occasion, no matter how much moisturizer used.
:mad: :mad:

Cloneboy Studio said:
Hopefully Bob Rock got a few knuckle raps though... for his bass playing and worst production ever on a major label album (the fact that it was intentional made it worse).
Bob Rock needs to stop dicking around with metallica and get back together with Paul Hyde...oh yeah, definitely time for the Rock N Hyde reunion tour!

Back