While the Warheads Fall

That sounded really cool to me. I really like the beat you had going gave it a nice industrial feel. The only thing i would do is make it seem more in your face. I would almost go for an overcompressed a little bit distorted sound. but it sounds good as is, thats just the direction i would go personally.

Hey Grey Angel, have been looking forward to your tune after reading some of your posts in the songwriting thread.

I'm no metal connoisseur admitedly but this is pretty good - dark and ominous heavy sound overall.

And this is mixed pretty well so far.

But it's just a beginning - are you going to add some vocals to this?

Cool :cool: :cool: :cool: :D :D

Not vocals, no; I am considering adding in some sounds, planes flying overhead, children whispering and such, sort of like "Goodbye Blue Sky" by Pink Floyd, ya know? I'm definitely going to re-record the guitars, this time through a mic'd amp, not direct. Thanks very much for the suggestion, NegadivOne :D

hi
the beginning of this clip reminds me so much
of the soundtrack of a movie called "tetsuo: the iron man"..
you should check it out if you havent already seen it;
it's full of really intense metallic percussion and that
same old-school synthy voice drone stuff.. i think that
portion is the strongest part of the intro..

the guitars in the second part are muffled and sound
very DI'd .. i would agree that miking the amp will
give you a much more raw sound; i 'm not sure how
you distorted the signal, but that could also be key in
getting things a little chunkier and less muddy (if that's
what youre goin for)

i imagine the song ripping into some furious double bass
blast riff right as the intro peaks.. good ambience overall,
really cinematic (i can't get over the iron man similarity!)

b

The only problem I have with the overall song & sound are the snare drills - they sound very mechanical. I know it's REALLY hard to program one.
The rest is ominoius overtyure territory.
Good oh.
Cheers
rayC

The bass note is hammering pretty hard at around 100Hz. Cut that back and it opens up the mix a lot. The cymbals need some air, so give 'em a little 10-12kHz. I think the kick patch has to be replaced with something less muddy, and definitely with more click. You might want to trigger a separate patch just for the click. The mix is pretty dry, give it some verb.

Enough the with technical stuff. This tune has a spoken-word feel to it, I wouldn't abandon the concept of lyrics entirely, but a long instrumental build to some appropriately garbled lyrics could be interesting. Metallica's "To Live is to Die" is a potential reference:

When a Man Lies He Murders
Some Part of the World
These Are the Pale Deaths Which
Men Miscall Their Lives
All this I Cannot Bear
to Witness Any Longer
Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation
Take Me Home

Hetfield loves those dark sort of lyrics with melodramatic references to eternity. I guess I do too :o

uh, this was good!
I was accepting some real development but it stoped. Please give us your whole track. I must not miss your next version.
bravo!

Sounds good Grey Angel - I notice that the mix is a little "lighter" on the bottom end...and clearer to the ears.....Still waiting for the vocals (j/k)...... :D :D :D :D

ido1957 said:
Sounds good Grey Angel - I notice that the mix is a little "lighter" on the bottom end...and clearer to the ears.....Still waiting for the vocals (j/k)...... :D :D :D :D

It's also basically completely different. Watching Silent Hill must have brought out some of that freaky organ music in me :D

Back