Which was the good one..the Boss SE 70 1/2 Rack or the Yamaha EMP100?

LazerBeakShiek

Rad Racing Team
What was the good one? Guitars had a nice half rack effects system. Was it the SE70(or perhaps the VF-1) or that Yammy EMP100?

Screenshot 2023-12-16 141644.jpgScreenshot 2023-12-16 141944.jpg

I never used the Yamaha, but I had a rack tray in my live PA rig with an SE-50 and an SE-70. They were okay, and it was cool to have four stereo effects in one rack space (though I had a 1RU line mixer to bring them all down to two inputs on the mixer).

I never used the Yamaha, but I had a rack tray in my live PA rig
yeah im trying something different. 10-20 years since a guitar purshase...I got a gretsch short scale a year back for $200. for a bass, it was ok..

Going Fender Power Chorus for the amp. FMIC solid state.
Screenshot 2023-12-15 174232.jpg

PRS SE 24 for the guitar
Screenshot 2023-12-16 150415.jpg

Compressor is the Fender Bender..

Screenshot 2023-12-13 222109.jpg
od pedal
Screenshot 2023-12-16 150549.jpg
Fender Pedals were highly rated...Same with Marshall..I coul;d have done ED-1 compressor by Marshall , but the Bends has a Mix/Blend to dry...I like the 50/50 mix to go parallel.

Last edited:
Hmm...... red guitar, red knobs, red pedal, the red pedal thread........

Am I seeing a trend here? Nah, must be my imagination playing tricks on me.

I always thought that Fender Princeton Chorus was one of their best, yes, SS but sounded great for some reason ...and none of the tube hassles.
Even the black knob version was always a good sounding amp.

got some red going on...

I always thought that Fender Princeton Chorus was one of their best, yes, SS but sounded great for some reason ...and none of the tube hassles.
yes, very good sound. solid state amp, blue backed fender speakers. unreal pinch harmonics. M-80's , power chori, etc had greatness and no maintenance. just chunk!

marshall avt's were not great, and could be disappointing. the fender SS amps had toroidal output transformers..YES

an amp needs 2 OD/fuzz/dist pedals. you can run one pedal, but its weak. run 2. like a tubescreamer into a boss ds-1 is a classic pedal combo.

for a pedal gain chain I went GUvNor 2 marshall OD pedal into a Santa ana(or a DS-1)..lets not get started on compressors..perhaps get an ED- 1 Marshall comp in front for some pop n' splat. fer now, I went with a fender 'bends' ..

Last edited:
this ' the Bends' pedal is garbage..as a compressor..

screenshot-2023-12-13-222109-jpg.135206

bet it could fly with enough lateral thrust? Menchi Dogs give you wings! Beak not included.

Screenshot 2023-12-22 110351.jpg

20231222_122319.jpg

Last edited:
Started the setup on a new guitar. Danny's guitar. "see what you can do with this"..OK

Im on the grey wheels(basically done). buffing the frets. I want smooth bends..like glass rails.

20231223_224041.jpg

Have to say, these Kramers are better than the Ibanez and Squires. At the $200 price point, you could try an Ibanez GAX GIO..The best would be a set neck Washburn Idol or somethin.. Kramerica ! The Kramer has zero capacitance, no tone control its without a tone capacitor. Capacity Zero. Strange no?

Think how much setup is required on them? Does anybody set them up anymore?

Last edited:
Vol/ tone on a concentric potentiometer. Stays with the one knob theme..suggestions? Use a thin .015 mf capacitor. So you get deep into that tone knob. Like at 4-5-6. That capacitor is the shock absorber in the tone system. Like a suspension system, giving your car a smooth ride.

Yay or Nay...Concentric?

A friend of mine had the Yamaha back in the early 1990s. He used to use it with four-track and it worked great for the time.

I have an SE70 and its predecessor the SE50. I prefer the 50 for reasons that make sense to me, your milage may vary.:-)

with the rising cost of tubes, a solid state fender amp is looking like a good idea. the boost channel is insane how it overloads the unruly distortion channel. Fender solid state amps are the best distortion pedals you can buy. there is at least one here Im happy with.

Back