which version is better?

I know you've been working like crazy on this. I also listened to 1-25 and 1-23. I think your best mix so far, in terms of balance, was 1-21. Yes, the vocals are clearer still, but the guitars are now crushed so far into the vocals that it's no longer pleasant to listen to. The previous version was so wonderfully ambient -- that ambience is still there, but now it's in your face. Too much compression?

I think the only way I can communicate to you the vocal issues is to try to transcribe them. I know YOU know what they say, but to someone not familiar at all with you, or your style:

Oh, hey -- choke me in mah flying saucer,
they will be mischievous they were knocking at all sense

I me shome release
I me shome shanchureem
Den I'll know where I been
the strange song wocuses

I'm materialist all an unknown shtreen
I a rock star on Oprah aw nonce in maw deck feen
No unner star was pour un em an ey don know the hour
Hawk it sumbee plunder by some supernatural power

As you can see, I'm totally missing the point of the song (I think). Also, maybe it bears saying that lyrics in modern music are very rarely 100% intelligible, but I think what is needed here is some attention in that regard.

Based on where you're at right now, I think you need to set the mix aside a day or two, and give your ears a rest. There's a point of diminishing returns when you're working on a mix, and that seems to be where you stand at the moment.

Hope this helps.

-Bruce

lol, the internationaly unknown northern english accent + echoe = nonsense to americans. point taken though, i'll re-record the vocals with better pronunciation, i expect the majority of people who could potentialy here it would e as baffled as you are

Back