Which software? What Next?

Tussin

Hey yall, this is what I have so far. Mics: SM57, KSM32, Rode NT1. Preamp: Presounus BlueTube. Comperssor: Prosunus BlueMax. Soundcard: Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. Monitors: My Aiwa little Home System. Midi Keyboard. Guitars/Amps: Fender Amercian Standard, Marshall DSL401 Tube, Warick Corvette Standard Bass, Nemisis (By Eden) Bass Amp, Tacoma Acoustic. And that is just about it, I know I need to get a better soundcard or monitors what would yall get first one that? And also how do you think this setup would do as it is right now? Also out of Sonar/Vegas/Cubase what would you say is the "best" and easist to use right now? Price not being a factor there. Best with Midi AND Audio, I am guessing Sonar, but just let me know And any other advise would be awesome.

dude, there are serveral posts on this page to look at: I think they can answer your questions. What I have sugested is that if your new, get the omni studio, around $380 bucks, it comes with software. If you need midi you will have to get a small midi interface like M-audio sells for around $60. If you dont like that you can get the dierct pro from aarvark with cake walk audio 9, then upgrade to sonar for about $150. If you need alot of inputs and willing to spend more M-audio delta 10/10, 8 inputs (no mic pres) w/ midi $500, or aardvark Q10 8 inputs with mic pres, or digi001 which needs special plug-ins (good deal but some what limited and can get expensive) $800, theirs Mark of the unicorn (Digi001s competition) $750 on up... but its higher end software is Mac only. So whats your price range???Im not even getting to the small details of each product to avoid confusion, thats why I suggest the Omni studio, have some fun with the music then decide if you need more. Alot of users just stay with their Omni studios.
As for monitors try Yorkvilles (good bang for your buck) or event Ps5 or Ps6.

Ham

Back