which reverb unit?

DESSERT DWELLER

Hello,

I'm looking for a reverb unit to go along with my 1/2 inch 8-track set-up. What are some of you using for reverbs and how do you like them? I have the chance of getting an Alesis Quadraverb or an Alesis Microverb 4 for about $50 each.

I am also looking into buying a new T.C. Electonics unit which would cost about $200.

Thanks for any help.

Yo Condo in the Sahara:]

All the units you mention will do nice effects. I have the midiverb3 by Alesis and used it in conjunction with a Lexicon 100.

But, my Yam 2816 has Yam reverb built in and that's what I use most of the time these days.

Although it costs more, I think the Yam Fx units have some great stuff.

Have never used or heard a TC unit but I'll bet it has good sounds too.

Green Hornet

:D :D ;) :cool:

I would echo the statements of the grass colored insect, known as the green hornet.

I use a Yamaha REV500 digital reverb which has 100 presets and 100 user definable and tunable presets. It is clean and realistic.

I have owned and used Alesis products in the past and found their electronics to be noisy and cheap sounding by comparison but, they are indeed cheaper so, my best advice would be to buy the best that you can afford.

If you have discretionary habits like snorting cocaine, giving it up for a week or two could free up the funds for a good Yamaha unit!:D

This is a matter best discussed between you and your wallet.

Cheers! :)

I have both Lexicon & TC Electronic reverbs. I like the lexicon verbs better than the TC. In addition, I also have Alesis MidiVerbs (4,3,& 2) that I use mostly for layering and building different perspectives. I would rather mix with multiple lower end reverbs then be stuck with just 1 good one. However, that’s not to say that I wouldn’t rather have multiple quality reverbs in the rack. ;)

The Lexicon MPX110 is the same price as the tc electonics M300 (~$200.00). While the m300 will give you more front panel controls than the MPX 110, the Lex still has better sounding reverbs (at least to me).

It is noteworthy that the mpx110 uses the same quality reverb technology as the MPX 550 & MPX1; however, it lacks all the fine parameter adjustment capabilities that the 550 & MPX1 have.

I’ve had a Quadraverb since they first came out. I highly recommend them for both the sound quality and versatility. If you can get one for $50.00, lucky you – don’t pass it up. I also own a Midiverb IV, which is very nice as well.

The original Quadraverb was made back in the days when Alesis quality was A1. I haven’t really had the Midiverb IV long enough to know it as well as the Quadraverb, but I can say either one of these units would be a winner, especially at that price.

I also recently bought a used Lexicon LXP-1 and MRC and am now in love with a machine (don’t tell my wife).

:cool:

Back