Which pads produce more own noise without headphones

Avitohol

Which pads produce less own noise - the ones of Alesis dm7, dm8, or dm10? Which is better suitable for apartment? The concern is if the neighbors would hear any knocks from the pads.

Which pads produce less own noise - the ones of Alesis dm7, dm8, or dm10? Which is better suitable for apartment? The concern is if the neighbors would hear any knocks from the pads.
Really, this is a question? What rubber is louder that the other?

Advertisement: "The enhanced bass drum system is fast, responsive, and extra-quiet."

I would have to say, if your neighbors are complaining about you hitting drum pads, you really have problems. T

Really, this is a question? What rubber is louder that the other?

I would have to say, if your neighbors are complaining about you hitting drum pads, you really have problems. T
Yes, it is a question, but one has to really read it.
DM7 has casual rubber pads, while DM8 and DM10 have the so called RealHead drum pads, which might be noisy as they have an additional membrane.
I just rented a hobby room in the basement of the next building and still don't know the neighbors above.

Last edited:
Rubber isn't that bad for acoustic volume.
Mesh is the quietest IMO.
Real heads, even when deadened by rubber or other stuff is the loudest.

Rubber cymbals are much MUCH quieter than the surge stuff or pretty much any coated plastic ekit cymbal.

2nd floor e kit bass drum pedals are loud as hell through the floor. I have never tried it myself but others have reported putting the ekit on a piece of plywood mounted on tennis balls to attenuate the noise.

Rubber isn't that bad for acoustic volume.
Mesh is the quietest IMO.
Real heads, even when deadened by rubber or other stuff is the loudest.

Rubber cymbals are much MUCH quieter than the surge stuff or pretty much any coated plastic ekit cymbal.

2nd floor e kit bass drum pedals are loud as hell through the floor. I have never tried it myself but others have reported putting the ekit on a piece of plywood mounted on tennis balls to attenuate the noise.

Now that I could understand. Foot pedal on a above someone would be very much a problem.

The place I rented is in the basement, so the neighbors are actually above. Anyway I'm planning to build a 2x2 meter base made of extruded polystyrene foam on which I'll place the drums.
So far I'm planning to buy Millenium Mesh Head Pad Set Pro by Thomann.de. I'm not yet allowed to post a hyperlink as I need to have 10 posts first.
Any feedback on this? I don't care much about the sounds from the module, as I'm recording in Cubase using EZ Drummer.

Back