which of cakewalks progs have at least 24 audio outs?

chris-from-ky

I mean, I want to record otb, then dump tracks to pc, then automate mixes then send each automated track out to a summing buss. Homestudio 4 is like $99. Can it do as I'd like? What else can do this task without going overkill with like more than 64 audio outs? I hope I've explained myself properly. Thqnks for the tips!

Hey Chris, I think this might be more of a hardware issue, if I understand it correctly, and to my knowledge cakewalk will do as many as you want.

If you can afford a 24 output soundcard, you can afford Sonar. You have no problem. :)

Being a Sonar user, I can only speak about it.

With Sonar, you are only limited by your hardware. It is the best of the best, IMO.

My hardware choice would be an RME HDSP 96/52. $599 for 24 digital i/o. So Sonar 5 Studio Edition can do what I'm asking for $299?

I just don't want to spend a heap of money on software. I have an HD24. I just want an inexpensive way to automate volume, pan, fx, and mutes on tracks then send them to an analog summing buss. $900 bucks is a chunk of change but, it beats spending 10k on a worthy digital mixer.

You can download a demo version of Sonar from the Cakewalk web site. Then you can see if it will satisfy your needs.

You mean you want to send 24 tracks out to a seperate output on a soundcard? Or do you mean you want to be able to mix down 24 tracks inside the program, to get your stereo mix?

Home Studio will let you mix as many tracks as your computer can handle. If you want to send each track to a seperate output on a sound card, then you need to go with Sonar. HS will only let you output the stereo main mix to a stereo output on the sound card...

MichaelM said:
If you want to send each track to a seperate output on a sound card, then you need to go with Sonar. HS will only let you output the stereo main mix to a stereo output on the sound card...

Thats what i needed to hear.

Thanks!

Back