Which Naiant mic?

everyone goes on about these mics? how good are they?

they're not really mainstream mass produced are they?

I've got a pair of MSH-2's (now discontinued). If the new ones are better, they are pretty dang good.

so well ;)

I'm gonna give a shot at that Tape Op mic he has linked in his story. The only thing I'm not sure how to do is "shrink wrap" the connections, but I should be fine! Although it will probably end up costing me closer to 30 dollars by the time I get all the parts. I might just use a capsule I got from radioshack a few years back instead too.

My mistake... I totally disregard my grammer when I am not in my highschool english class (which I am doing quite well if I may say so my self!)

It also looks like these naiant mics can be configured... I guess by opening them up and tinkering around with switches or wires or something? Can someone confirm is this is true, and if so what's the point/do you get better sound out of it?

I don't think I have the technological know-how to mess around with the insides of mics.

so well ;)

I'm gonna give a shot at that Tape Op mic he has linked in his story. The only thing I'm not sure how to do is "shrink wrap" the connections, but I should be fine! Although it will probably end up costing me closer to 30 dollars by the time I get all the parts. I might just use a capsule I got from radioshack a few years back instead too.

Don't use the RS capsule, you'll have wasted the effort for a $2 savings on a much better capsule. Shrink wrap is heatshrink, available many places (including RS), but you shouldn't need it to do the Tape Op mic.

It also looks like these naiant mics can be configured... I guess by opening them up and tinkering around with switches or wires or something? Can someone confirm is this is true, and if so what's the point/do you get better sound out of it?

I don't think I have the technological know-how to mess around with the insides of mics.
Webb said:
Looking to pick up a pair of Naiant mics to record acoustic pop/rock but not sure which to get. Which would I be better off with:

the X-Q http://www.naiant.com/xqspecification.html
or the X-T http://www.naiant.com/xtspecification.html

Thanks!
mshilarious is the owner of Naiant, so fire away with your questions. ;)

Back