Which MOUSE!?!

qunvat

Hi all,

SO....has anyone else encountered flickering mice and the like...and never felt they had 100% control over it whilst using their DAW?

I'm finding any a pain inc. a nice new shiny wifi mouse (not a cheap and nasty one!) never allows me to feel as if I'm in control of it.

My system is good with a quad core and I know enough about computers to jig settings...I've gone round the houses here and wondered if theres a REALLY good mouse available?? Just as happy with wired as unwired but nothing seems to be any good.

Ta all, Si

I use Logitech M705 and M510 wireless mice. Never had any jiggyness with them. No they are not cheap.

Have you messed with mouse settings in Control Panel>Mouse?

My Logitech mice even have their own control program in All Programs for fine tuning.

Ta mate..... a good starting point!

Yeah mucked around in settings am pretty good with computers in general...

Ta spa, Si

done everything mate...I'm very experienced with computers, good wired ones and pretty good wifi ones, usb AND roller mice all have 'wobbles' and are not accurate when needed (moving midi files very small amounts jigging wavs etc etc )
I use 2 different systems this one quad big ram.....still not good enough! getting on my nerves now..

That would drive me insane. My desk is covered with two 14" square mouse pads because it would drive me nuts going off the edge.

Spoke to a mate who's a graphic artist and he's only ever used wired. I guess I dont give a monkeys if its wired or not, its just gotta be MUCH more accurate!

Si

Tried gaming mice? Razer have some good ones. Second hand would do a treat I would think. But hell, I use a cheap little Logitech thing I use as a spare. My keyboard cost me a fiver. They are doing alright for me.

What's your surface like? The only time I ever had what you're describing was with a lazer mouse on a worktop surface.

Surface looked and felt flat but it must have had some weird texture or something.

I tried a hard white desk top and 2 mouse mats......the wi fi mice have all been OK until they get 'tired' and wobble like jelly until moved then back to normal for a short while. Its NOT the batteries. The wired mouse am trying is genrally OK ish and doesnt wobble but it NOT accurate enough....Razer Deathaddrer only £35 new, looks a good bet to me?!

I use a cheap Logitech wireless USB mouse for graphics work which I need a LOT more precise control than audio editing, with no problems at all.

I'd recheck your settings before you go plonking down a stupid amount of money for a mouse.

Hi...

I rechecked and rechecked and rechecked .... doesn't happen all the time but will do say for ten mins when I need to edit some delicate midi files or similar!

Ordered a Razer £35 hope that works better.

Back