Which Mackie Monitors are right for my room size?

kts2001

Hello Guys

I just finished building my home studio and I want to purchase a pair of Mackie Monitors for my setup. My room size is 7 1/2'x 9' of room space, from floor to cieling is 87 inches high. I've been using a pair of Event PS5 Monitors, I would like to know which Mackie monitor system is right for my room space, the HR-624 or HR-824? :confused:

Thanks

Ringo

Ringo - unfortunatly this is not a question that can be answered by plugging in room dimensions...

The 624 & 824 have different frequency response curves and will sound slightly different in any room.

Try and find a local dealer who will let you audition monitors in your room and judge that way... you may find that something other then the mackies sound best ;)

Cheers
Kevin.

Ringo,

> which Mackie monitor system is right for my room space, the HR-624 or HR-824? <

The 624s require a sub to reproduce the lowest frequencies, so the 824s make more sense for a normal stereo setup.

--Ethan

Thanks Guys,

I'm gonna go with the Mackie HR-824's, I produce HipHop and Techno/Trance/Dance music, so the 824's is just perfect. I'll be able to produce better drum and bass tracks with the 824's.

Peace.

Ringo

Back