Which Keyboard should I start out with?

Frusciante_Fan

Hi ya folks !

I am really new to the whole midi thing , and I was wondering if someone could help me out with a keyboard.

I have Reason 2.0 , and I heard you can hook up a keyboard/midi controller to it , and use its sound bank to have some pretty nice piano sounds. Is this true? and if it is would this be the best way to go ??

I want to say that I want to get into midi for samples/ambient sounds/ and nice piano.

Or is there a nice keyboard out there that would give me good results? My budget is $250.00 dollars.

If I were you I would just get a cheap controller keyboard first. I found an evolution mk149 for $75. With that you can start playing sounds on your computer.
Next, look for a cheap synth module. I found an Yamaha MU50 on ebay for $50. It has everything from resbasses to realistic piano and drum sounds...tons of stuff.
From there you can build your MIDI rig to include more modules and even controllers or keyboards when you feel the need.

>> I found an Yamaha MU50 on ebay for $50. It has everything from resbasses to realistic piano and drum sounds...tons of stuff. <<

I just looked up that item at Musician's Friend, and it runs for 360 bucks! Dude, you totally scored. Is that used, or did you get it from a distributer for cheap?

i don't know anything about midi, but i thought the sound bank that came with reason had the keyboard sounds, then you'd just need a controller. is that right? cause i was thinking of getting into this too.

Back