which do you prefer on an album...

haystacker99and

The same sounding drums throughout - every track has the same EQs same snare, kick ect.
or
Different drums throughout.
or
same shitty snare sound every second and forth beat of every second of everysong...lars ulrich
Reason being...im looking to start recording a few songs for a little demo...just for fun...and I'm debating this.
Everclear pulls off the same sounding drums in Sparkle and Fade
Metalica doesnt pull off the same sounding drums...or anything...ever
Then there are bands like Wilco, mates of state, mogwai who switch up drums.
I'm looking for personal opinions and some creative input....if your going to say weeell, different songs require different tones...dont bother posting

How dare you bother posting when he said not to! :mad:

:D:D:D:D:D

How about this?

I like to do whatever the song calls for.

It takes all kinds of colors to paint a picture.

Depends on how I'm feeling that day.

If the drums don't fit, the song isn't right.

Depends on the mix and how many instruments.

or
same shitty snare sound every second and forth beat of every second of everysong...lars ulrich

How did that happened man???, i mean i remember the drum kit in the metallica black album as one of the most impressive drum sounds i've heard in my life, later it became a freaking Power Beat drum sound (with original heads) in Lars Ulrich mom's garage. WHY?????

How did that happened man???, i mean i remember the drum kit in the metallica black album as one of the most impressive drum sounds i've heard in my life, later it became a freaking Power Beat drum sound (with original heads) in Lars Ulrich mom's garage. WHY?????

i think they were aiming for street cred by making a shitty sounding album.

hell, if that worked i'd be rolling in it by now. :rolleyes:

it a simple question really...
Do you like an album in which the drums remain the same throughout each song, or do you prefer to have the sounds of the drums vary throughout the album?
and with that - there is room for expansion and explanation.
Dont call me a dumb ass... that is ridiculous

:D:D:D:D:D

How about this?

I like to do whatever the song calls for.

It takes all kinds of colors to paint a picture.

Depends on how I'm feeling that day.

If the drums don't fit, the song isn't right.

Depends on the mix and how many instruments.

I dont think a song calls for anything...you can take it a million different directions and each one can be better or worse than the other.

Yeah, but most songs have a latent style that comes through and it will always benefit the song to follow that. As for drum sounds, I would record the same drums with the same mics in the same room for a whole album, but they don't all have to sound the same.

And stop knocking Lars Ulrich, he was a pioneering metal drummer in the early days. And yes, St. Anger sucked, but their new album is full of great material; don't write them off yet!

it a simple question really...
Do you like an album in which the drums remain the same throughout each song, or do you prefer to have the sounds of the drums vary throughout the album?
and with that - there is room for expansion and explanation.
Dont call me a dumb ass... that is ridiculous

Same sounding drums throughout - dumbass.

I should have made myself more clear...I thought I was talking to a 30 year old, not a prepubescent Jr. High school girl trying to make my life miserable for simply existing on the same planet. I asked you not to call me a dumbass, because it wasnt necessary and you still did. Are you flirting with me now? The whole rape thing just kinda makes me wonder...

How many bands have you ever heard where the drums sound different on each song? Hardly ever! AC/DC: Same drums on all their records, regardless of drummer. Rush: always the same.

Now a solo artist can be a different matter, because they are going to have session players come in. The producer will usually tell the drummer what he/she is looking for. In that case every song will have a different sound, and YES, some songs call for certain sounds. Don't be a dumbass. Would you want Metallica drums on a Sarah McLaughlin sounding song? Would you want Slayers drums on a Paul Simon record? Would you want a Dave Weckl sound on My Chemical Romance?

All my responses are directly a result of you waltzing in here as a walking contradiction and then directing people on how you want them to respond. Do you want opinions, or are you just going to tell people how it is, since you're 18 and soooo experienced?

All my responses are directly a result of you waltzing in here as a walking contradiction and then directing people on how you want them to respond. Do you want opinions, or are you just going to tell people how it is, since you're 18 and soooo experienced?

You make me sound like such a tool....I never said I was experienced at anything, ever. I would never say that, ever.

Explain to me how I am a walking contradiction - I very well could be and that is something that needs to be taken into my consideration.

Back