Which digital MTR ?

S0C9

Steve
I couldn't find a thread on this particular subject - so apologies if this ain't new.....

I'm looking at buying a digital MTR.... I'd like to have a choice between Yammy's AW4416 and the Roland VS2480 series, but fact is... w-a-a-y beyond my budget.

I've narrowed it down pretty much to the AW16G or Korg's D1600. Both have great features - I prefer the 8 insert effects effect on the Korg to the 2 on the AW16g; the 4 phantom power [individually switchable] Lo-Z's on the Korg vs 2 [on or off] on the Yammy; and for the $200 difference, both have HD and CD-RW..
However, I don't like what I've seen with either display.... D1600 winning with Touch View over Yammy !

Question then: Which one folks ? I've done the research, but have no hands on with either - but I'm not new to recording.

Which is easier to use ? I'm from the old analog school and have never really liked 15 layers of menu to get to mid-range EQ ..... !! Give me an orange knob sitting up high on the mixer channel - any day.....

TIA,
Steve

Being that this is all about home recording I would have thought that at least one response over the long weekend would have been forth coming.

Oh, well... moot point now. Picked up a D1600 at GC during their memorial day sale this morning !!

Later,
Steve

Back