Which audiointerface for 64 bit win7?

mishau

Hello, I ferreted through google with little result. I'm planning to upgrade my xp to win 7. I used to use a Creative 0404 PCI in my AMD M2N PC, but the 0404 died in two months after I bought it, though I liked that audio board very much.
Now I'm thinking of getting either 0404 usb or TC Electronics Konnect 6 ( or 8 ), but I came across a lot of reported problems with those two under win 7. And I never found any posts with solutions.

So my question is this: are there any usb or firewire audio boards that will work fine under win 7 64bit.

Thanks.

Sorry no definate answer here. Reading that most manufactures are playing catch up with Win7. Drivers.

Check this. It's probably a little out of date so there may be some on this list that are indicated as not working but do in fact work.

I am running Windows 7 on my Sony Vaio with Cubase 5 64bit and have great results with the M-Audio ProFire 2626. The driver is very stable (downloadable from the M-Audio website) with no noticeable latency. Initially I had problems getting my CPU to recognize the hardware but once I switched to the "legacy" driver - I haven't had any issues.

Echo shows drivers for win 7 64bit, but I am here looking because of issues I am having with a couple of layla's that were rock solid stable with xp32.

Just read, Echo recomends asio drivers with sonar and win 7. I took it for a test run and am not impressed. I want WDM back. I could hot swap plugins all day and never have a hick up. Think I will try win 7 32bit out for a while.

F.S.

Back