which amp for accoustic-git.?

smirky

I just have amps for my electric but want to have one for my accoustic too. can you recommend any amps for this purpose (and remember: I'm not Bill Gates, so I don't want to sell my car for it ;-)
thanks, smirky

Trace Elliot makes killer acoustic guitar amps but they are pricey around $1000 new last time I looked. But they are the best I have heard, they make a 2-10" combo and a 4-10" combo.

SWR has a line of amps for acoustic amplication I love their bass amps but I have not heard the
acoustic line. The California Blonde is the model I have heard good things about.

You might be better off just getting a good roadworthy pre-amp, a power amp and a cabinet or two. This way it is easy to upgrade offers flexability and your preamp can serve double duty for recording purposes. The preamp could feed a stereo delay/reverb go to a stereo power amp and two cabinets for a live stereo set up. Lots of possibilities this way. However feedback maybe a problem this way and most of the dedicated acoustic guitar amps have some special electronics to help deal with this.

I played bass in a three piece that was 80% acoustic guitar and personally I liked the sound of the acoustic matched with a Fender electric guitar amp better than the "straight" acoustic sound out of the PA for the style of music we were doing.

Scott

Steer clear of the Roland AC-100. I absolutely hate mine. It's very middy and real short on warmth. I do like my Fender Acoustisonic JR. So much that I'm thinking about moving up to the Pro.

Trace ......!!!!!!

If you can find a Trace Eliott, Twin 10" 'Velocette', That is absolutely THE finest acoustic amp I have ever plugged an instrument into,.... without a doubt...!!!!

Used, should be able to find one for around $500, or less......
Or if you are stuck on new, with warranty and all, the same amp is now called a Gibson 'Gold Tone', they bought Trace, 3-4 years ago..... They do make single speaker models, but playing a very warm sounding acoustic just seems to come out better with the twin setup.....

Oh yeah, it is a class 'A', all tube, hand wired, point-to-point, etc, so plenty of balls for lots of other stuff too.....

Mine is a stereo with 2 EL34s, and 4 12AX7s per side..... and will drive 2 4/12 cabinets if needed.....(one for either side).

If you can find one, H2H will give you a web site to get the Manual for it.....or I can E-mail one to ya...

Good hunting..!!:cool:

Upstate:D

Back