Where's the Mr-8 Talent?

clifchamb

You guys used to post your songs? Now we have a whole slew of new MR-8 users but no new songs?

Anyone up for a collaboration? Nothin big just fun.

cheers

clif

clif,
Buck is supposed to be sending me a song soon. I have not posted anything because I have been so busy. Last year when we did the collab song I was looking for things to do. This year I am looking for a break. Spent a lot of time mixing a live project that my group did and now I am in the studio building soundtracks for the next one that we want to start recording vocals on in April. This along with coaching my son's basketball team and holding down fulltime job has kept me busy.

kdgospel said:
clif,
Buck is supposed to be sending me a song soon. I have not posted anything because I have been so busy. Last year when we did the collab song I was looking for things to do. This year I am looking for a break. Spent a lot of time mixing a live project that my group did and now I am in the studio building soundtracks for the next one that we want to start recording vocals on in April. This along with coaching my son's basketball team and holding down fulltime job has kept me busy.

Glad to hear that you are keeping busy. I know how that is. Keep me posted:)

clif

Yeah..

I have a song, not finished yet, needs drums and vox. I can do the vox, but at the moment I have strep throat. BLEH! And I am trying to find someone on the board to do some drums for me, ask for the song, if you'd like anyways?

groucho said:
Well, since you asked: I just finished this one:

Cheers,
Chris

That was with the MR-8? That sounds great! Thanks for sharing! Are all those instruments real? They sound that way.

Nice!

clif

Thanks clif -

Yep, all recorded into the Mr8 via the cheapie ART tube MP (preamp gain cranked up, MR8 trim cranked all the way down). Technics digital piano, a crappy strat knock-off into a POD, and an SM57 on the vox. ADK A-51s on the harp. Pretty freakin' basic, eh?:)

Then dumped into Cool Edit Pro and added compression, verb, eq, etc.

Cheers,
Chris

Back