Where to NOW????

B-Mac_DsP

sup board....i need some imput....i am getting $1000 back from taxes and wanna use the majority or all of it on music stuff...here is my current setup

emachine computer(windows me)
18 gb hard drive
120 gb external hd
256 ram(2 sticks)
behringer shark(i think this is right) mic amp
mxl 990 condensor mic
audiophile 2496 soundcard(just ordered but hasn't arrived yet)
cool edit pro 2

i know i need an upgrade....i was think of several options:

1 - new computer

2 - gettin the mbox

3 - studio monitors and a new mic and mic amp

what are yalls suggestions?? it doesn't have to go along with what i was considering...just wanna see what everyone thinks..btw...i will be using it to record my rap vocals.....

holla

B-Mac_DsP said:
sup board....i need some imput....i am getting $1000 back from taxes and wanna use the majority or all of it on music stuff...here is my current setup

emachine computer(windows me)
18 gb hard drive
120 gb external hd
256 ram(2 sticks)
behringer shark(i think this is right) mic amp
mxl 990 condensor mic
audiophile 2496 soundcard(just ordered but hasn't arrived yet)
cool edit pro 2

i know i need an upgrade....i was think of several options:

1 - new computer

2 - gettin the mbox

3 - studio monitors and a new mic and mic amp

what are yalls suggestions?? it doesn't have to go along with what i was considering...just wanna see what everyone thinks..btw...i will be using it to record my rap vocals.....

holla

I would upgrade to windows XP, more ram, monitors and a better mic pre. then maybe you can get you some outboard processing units. :cool:

when upgrading from ME to XP do i have to go buy XP or can i get an upgrade version and let it upgrade that way??? what monitors?? what mic pre?? should i get a mixer???

holla

B-Mac_DsP said:
when upgrading from ME to XP do i have to go buy XP or can i get an upgrade version and let it upgrade that way??? what monitors?? what mic pre?? should i get a mixer???

holla

XP home upgrade is $100.00, loads over top of ME, M-Audio has a decent entry level pre, check out the website, as for monitors, I have a pair of Event 20/20 passives and a halfler amp, and a pair of Event PS-6, they both sound good for Rap music. also check out the KRK's and yorkvilles and warfdales. A mixer is nice to have but if you are just recording your vocals you wont need one, the control panel for the 24/96 has a mixer in it. hope this helps :D

Carter said:
XP home upgrade is $100.00, loads over top of ME, M-Audio has a decent entry level pre, check out the website, as for monitors, I have a pair of Event 20/20 passives and a halfler amp, and a pair of Event PS-6, they both sound good for Rap music. also check out the KRK's and yorkvilles and warfdales. hope this helps :D
thanks preciate it mayne....anyone else???

holla

Back