where oh where are the ysm-1's

penisaurus

I'm looking for Yorkville ysm-1's. Much to my dismay, Wheaton Music no longer sells them :( . I live in Florida, can anyone tell me the best\cheapest place to order or get them from? Thanks.

Yo RexOSaurus:

Just get Yorkville on the net and they will tell you where you can get the YSM's and give you the address of your closest dealer.

Nice speakers.

I have a pair and they are not dinosaurs.

Green Hornet:D :D :p :p

Early this year,Prior to purchasing my Yorkvilles monitors, I did some extensive "STUDIO MONITOR" research for over 6 months. I have heard many of the professional Monitors that are popular for under $700 a pair.

Having worked in professional Studios as a keyboardist, in my opinion the YSM1p's are the best I have ever heard for under $700 a pair. Do not ! I repeat Do not! let the size of the Woofer fool you, these monitors have Range and Punch!

They will be an asset to any musican's Home Studio. There are other good quality sounding monitors available for purchase, however the YSM1p's are certainly in a monitor Class all by themselves.

The YSM1p's can't be puchased just anywhere. Yorkville is very selective about the retail stores that represent their awesome product. Yorkville doesn't spend a large amount of their budget on Marketing, they spend a large amount in Research & Development.*smile* The Techology of their speaker design is simple , Accurate, responsive, clear and powerful! You will love the sound of the Yorkvilles !

Keyboard Guru

music4theheartt@aol.com

ack... i hate to be the one to do this, Keyboard Guru, especially since I do agree that the Yorkville's are great monitors. But, I'd have to say, it really, REALLY sounds like you're working for Yorkville. especially since that exact same little speal is cut-and-pasted into other posts of yours.

don't spend that much on marketing, eh? how much do they pay YOU, then?
also, that little bit about "Yorkville is very selective about the retail stores that represent their awesome product" is absolute crap. no company in their right mind does something like that. or, if they do, they're conceited as hell about their products. your monitors are not a spiritual saviour or something. they are good, yet they are not the best thing that exists in the hearts of all men and women.
i'm not entirely certain about the validity of this, but i know i've heard rumours that Yorkville is affiliated in some way to Long & McQuade, perhaps even owned by them.

sorry, but please don't pull crap like this around here. i can't speak for others, but i don't appreciate it.

"ack... i hate to be the one to do this, Keyboard Guru, especially since I do agree that the Yorkville's are great monitors. But, I'd have to say, it really, REALLY sounds like you're working for Yorkville. especially since that exact same little speal is cut-and-pasted into other posts of yours.

don't spend that much on marketing, eh? how much do they pay YOU, then?
also, that little bit about "Yorkville is very selective about the retail stores that represent their awesome product" is absolute crap. no company in their right mind does something like that. or, if they do, they're conceited as hell about their products. your monitors are not a spiritual saviour or something. they are good, yet they are not the best thing that exists in the hearts of all men and women.
i'm not entirely certain about the validity of this, but i know i've heard rumours that Yorkville is affiliated in some way to Long & McQuade, perhaps even owned by them.

sorry, but please don't pull crap like this around here. i can't speak for others, but i don't appreciate it."

I have known about Yorkville for some time and have talked to their reps. My old studio was a Yorkville dealer so I had alot of exposure to their products myself. He said nothing over the top there. If you have been exposed to their products, you generally really like them. And if you have researched or talked to anyone with the company, you will hear those things. I own the older Ysm-1's myself and take them to most of the studios where I work in so I can compare them to other things. Everyone is always impressed by the little monitors they have never heard of.

Oh, and about the also, that little bit about "Yorkville is very selective about the retail stores that represent their awesome product" is absolute crap. no company in their right mind does something like that. . Ask Alan Hyatt about that. He does the exact same thing with Studio Projects products and has from the beginning.

Don't be so fast to jump the gun on someone.

H2H

meh, okay, so if he's not, he's not.

i just found it interesting that ALL his posts were promoting the YSM-1's in some way. some subtly, some not. for example, here's his first post, a "question" about the YSM'1's.

"Are the Yorkville YSMp1's Monitors really "FLAT" for under $500 ?
Do they really have a HONEST midrange ?
Are the highs Crystal Clear?
Are they Transparent ?
Do the Lows really sound Tight ?
Don't these monitors fatigue the ears?
They have a "UNCONDTIONAL" PARTS & LABOR (does not matter if they blow or are damaged) FULL 2 year warranty? "

the last line in particular really kills me.
of COURSE all the answers to those are "yes"... hell, just let us do your promoting for you, right?

Back