Where is the best place to get drum loops?

IloveJesus

Yep, lots of smartass answers will fly, but for those of you who like drummers as much as I like greenbeans, maybe you could direct me to some good websites for drum loops.

Thanks. Oh, and don't let your butt get too sore as you sit on the job. :eek:;)

www.betamonkeymusic.com should have every bit of what you need, unless you're looking for hip-hop stuff..... in which case.... do it yourself. get a copy of fruity loops. maybe even a couple mics in case you run across something that sounds neat and would fit into a drum loop.

Thanks. I already have Fruity Loops, and I'm sure it's great for hiphop, because the drums sound like crap. Just electronic junk. They're "realistic" drum set sounds like a keyboard drumset.

I'll check out your recommendation. Thanks again.

Can we get some electronic A & R people while we're at it?

I mean, come on! They are mindless and easily replaced by a machine anyway.

As for drum loops, those that use it, have a party. Some day you might want to consider making music though.

You don't like what I'm saying? You're the one that posted this question on the drums and percussion page............. expect some repercussion. :P

Thank you Rimshot.

I quite agree. You're very insulting towards drummers in your original post. We take our craft--and art--very seriously.

No, no. You misunderstand. That was tounge-in-cheek. The truth is that I have a huge admiration for drummers and think it's far more challenging (on several levels) than guitars, bass, etc.

I mean, seriously, who is usually desired the most in the classifieds? Yep, drummers. And who lays the foundation of the band? Again, yep, drummers.

I love drums and the sounds they create, and appreciate drumming very much.

That said, I don't know how to play, and cannot afford to start (money, time, etc.). I play guitar, bass, and (try to) sing.

And, like I said, I don't care for software drums because they sound like crap; that's why I'm looking for loops. I don't mind paying for them if they are good. It's a win-win situation. I get real recorded drum sounds, and a drummer makes a few bucks.

What could be wrong with that?

Don't get upset with my drumming jokes.

Speaking of which: Why are professional rock drummers so much better on their instrument than the rest of the band?

The rest of the band gets laid after the gig. ;)

No huge offense taken, ILJ. I can certainly appreciate a good drummer joke! You just have to remember there's a difference between a joke and an insult, and your original post definitely had an insult.

OK, enuf o' that! I agree; many software drums sound lousy, hence your original question. I'm not aware of what are the best drum-loop libraries out there, however here's another idea: You also might want to consider (if you can budget it) finding a drummer--like myself--who specializes in recording drum tracks at a moderate price. Just a thought! Though, admittedly, not necessarily viable for your everyday producing/programming use. Best of luck!

Last edited:
Oh, and one more thing:

You're not going to sit there and SERIOUSLY tell me the keyboard player gets laid before the drummer does!

:D

Oh, and one more thing:

You're not going to sit there and SERIOUSLY tell me the keyboard player gets laid before the drummer does!

:D

Well, you have a point there. Once I went to a Dio concert (yeah, I'm an 80s heavy metal guy), and the keyboard player wasn't even on stage. They had him backstage.

They liked the background effect of the keyboards, but didn't want him messin' up the cool image of a heavy metal band.

By the way, I apologize for the original post. I really didn't mean to insult.

I was kidding around. I guess it's not as easy to put humor into my typing.

I actually do like drummers more than I like greenbeans.

And I promise not to eat either. ;)

Back