Where is n-Track distributed?

Arranger

I know I can get it online from Flavio and one or two retailers, but is it available in many more places than that?

I'm thinking I'd like the disc at the same time. Do big box dealers ever have it?

Thanks!

I didn't even know it was available from anywhere other than Flavio. Why do you need the disc so badly? When I originally downloaded it, I had dial-up and it didn't take too long to download. I can't see any big stores carrying it. Sorry!

It's those lovely 4-color boxes and printed manuals that drive up the cost of those "other" pro packages. Distributing a small 2.5mb download on the web keeps the cost to us poor users down.

Computer Music magazine has been including the demo on thier monthly CDs, but otherwise just download it from the official n-track site.

I downloaded the manual and abused the office facilities to print it out nicely in full colour, bound it up all nice. Copied the downloaded exe file to a CD, and hey presto it was just like I'd been to a shop:)

This is the saddest post I've ever made, I think:(

N-Track has a manual? I've been using the program for over 2 years and I never saw the manual. I have used the help section a couple of times though.
Hope you don't get caught abusing your facilities!

Garry Sharp said:
I downloaded the manual and abused the office facilities to print it out nicely in full colour, bound it up all nice. Copied the downloaded exe file to a CD, and hey presto it was just like I'd been to a shop:)

This is the saddest post I've ever made, I think:(

Yeah, you can download it from the site. Actually, come to think of it I only looked at it once - the programme is so easy to use. I love n-Track.

As to abusing the facilities - forgot to mention it's my company:cool:

gordone said:
Why do you need the disc so badly

I wouldn't say I need it badly, but it would be nice. Let's say Flavio is one day gone? I'd hate to lose the program and my investment (meager as it may be.)

Even with a $25 game, I still get a disc.

So burn the installation executable onto a CD! Stick the manual on there, put a pretty label on it and you're done!

You do have a CD burner, right?

Also, make sure you back up the emails which have your key on it. I print out all those emails and keep the hardcopies with my important documents.

I guess you've got it gordone. I'm not too swift. Somehow, I didn't think the .exe would carry forth across multiple systems. And I figured it was piracy or some version thereof.

I did download the manual. I'll drop the disk interest.

Thanks for the info, all.

Glad we could help! I'm pretty sure it's fair use to backup the executable on a CD. But giving that CD and the key to your buddies would be a no-no :) (even if they bribe you with beer!)

when you order, you can order it on CD...but version upgrades are pretty frquent so i think the above ideas of downloading and burning make more sense...

Because this is a shareware program, it is continually being upgraded. a new build comes out every couple of weeks at times. A program on a CD would be out dated, almost by the time you received it.

Blessings, Terry

Back