Where ia the MIDI sound in Cubase Ai 8?

Shiva Draken

I've connected the Akai MPK49 to Cubase, seemingly correctly, as I can see the volume bar respond in the MIDI track when I press the MPK49 keys, however, it seems that no matter what I do, I cannot hear the MIDI. I've tested the speakers of the computer (Win 8.1/64bit) and they say they are in use by another app (Cubase), and then when I quit Cubase, sure enough the speaker test works fine- and yet in Cubase no sound from the MIDI track. (I have btw used the Yamaha THR10 Amp and corresponding Steinberg driver to successfully record and hear playback of guitar.) I've toggled the Monitor icon in Cubase to no avail as well. My VST output is listed as the stereo computer speakers, and, again, I see the volume of the pressed keys register in Cubase, in the mix console, but ... silence. Fast becoming a "hello silence my old friend" scenario.
Please help! Thank you!:confused:

Which VSTi have you selected? Try and create an instrument track first - selecting one of the available installed synths - then all will work. If you create an empty midi track, you have to then load a vsti separately, and then in the inspector panel you can route the output from that midi track to any of the available outputs. I think you have set an input - hence why you can see the midi activity, but not set an output.

Which VSTi have you selected? Try and create an instrument track first - selecting one of the available installed synths - then all will work. If you create an empty midi track, you have to then load a vsti separately, and then in the inspector panel you can route the output from that midi track to any of the available outputs. I think you have set an input - hence why you can see the midi activity, but not set an output.

Thank you! Worked like a charm, the only option I saw was HALion Synth (comes with Cubase as I am sure you well know). I am finally able to hear the playing of keys!

But I did notice that most of the other controls (faders and knobs) had no effect, I assume I need to program all of this... does this coincide with the xml file I am missing (and asked Akai for help in downloading)?

Thank you!!!:)

Back