Where do we go from here? (lyric)

Freddy

I need to play catch-up. I don't recall a time in my life when I have put together tunes with no lyrics - and now I find myself with three!

How did that happen?

I think I blame my new guitar. I have just been having fun with it :)

Anyway, in an attempt to catch up a bit, I tried some lyrics for one of the tunes. Any and all input appreciated!

The song is provisionally called "Where do we go from here?"

Where do we go from here?
It seems that with each passing year (my love)
We’re no longer sure we belong -
And we’re losing the will to hold on.
Can we still brush aside,
The resentment and pride,
Or is it abundantly clear
That the love and the lust
Turned to ashes and dust,
And we’re watching it all disappear?
Where do we go from here my love?
Where do we go, love, from here?

We don’t talk much anymore
As if we lived apart
Can’t turn the clock back to before
You know it sometimes breaks my heart

Ou sont passés les désirs d'antan?
As-tu oublié ta passion? (chérie)
I know that we still get along
But where has all the passion gone?
It’s not black and white
But I guess that I might
Admit if it ain’t right, it’s wrong.
Yet I’d like to believe
There’s still time for reprieve.
Ou sont passés les désirs d'antan?
Where has the passion all gone?
Where has the passion all gone?

Many thanks for any input.

Well written lyrics Freddy. They definitely bring forth the emotions when I read it. It's a serious and somewhat depressing song. Leaves me with a sense of hopelessness....maybe it's just this damn cold :D Will they ever make up and fall in love again? I hope so....I like happy endings.....
Good job sir..... :cool:

I like it very much. It makes me feel sad and introspective. It makes me what to rekindle the passion in my relationship with my wife of 32 years. It is too damn easy to let it slip into a business relationship of raising children, etc.
IMHO it portrays well the crossroads of a relationship.
Rip

Great story line and the French phrasing makes it a certain lady killer. :D I especially like the way it reads. There doesn't seem to be any forced phrasing at all. It has a very rhythmic feel to it. I always like that in a song. Good work. ;)

Very good lyrics and well written. It has a very sad and depressing tone to it which should open it up for some interesting dark and sad tones. Would love to hear some music to accompany the lyrics.

Thank you all very much :)

It makes me feel sad and introspective too, and it is a bit of a relief to get it finished, to be honest.

It is helpful, I find, to post on here though. People can be very good at spotting things I can't (because I am too close to it).

So, all views welcome!

I haven't recorded it yet, and need to practice it a fair bit more before I do, and there may be some edges to polish.

I do have a rough take of the basic tune (no singing) .. it includes mistakes, so I stop and restart in places (it is just playing with the mic on, as I find that helps me sometimes to remember a tune I am putting together).

It was never intended for public consumption, but if it helps, the rough outline is here
- it covers the first verse, the central bridge and just starts the second chorus before stopping.

Back