Where do I go from here...?

Ldashpdx

Hello all! My set up so far is AT 40-40 mic, presonus firebox, MacBook osX and cubase LE. I know my next addition HAS to be monitors but it's goingto take some time to save up for them...any suggestions on make my vocals as clean and mixd as possible without the monitors? I "rap" so for now vocals are my only worry. Any advice would be appreciated!

How do you listen right now?

You could look at a set of headphones with a flat response. I use Audio Technica ATH-M40fs which are excellent, but there are lots of good reasonably priced cans.

For monitors, I started with good ole e-bay and craigs list. I got a pair of Alesis M1Active 520 monitors for $180 on Craigs list. They are just average monitors but for $180 it was a great place to start.

Give the mix your best shot and post it on mp3 mixing clinic so we can criticize it:D You will train your ears very well that way:)

it's also really important to get a reference track set-up. something that maybe sounds similar to ur song and that is good quality. That way you know where you are headed...

Give the mix your best shot and post it on mp3 mixing clinic so we can criticize it:D You will train your ears very well that way:)

That's what I was thinking...

And I'm now looking at a new pair of Yamaha HS50Ms with HS10 Subwoofer for 799.... Do you have to qualify for the four payments??

Back