Where can you get repairs on tascam?

choctaw

Tribal Member
I have an older Tascam USB 428 using as a controler with Cubase SX3. The record button has stopped working. As with most of the TASCAM questions I have had thru the years the company is no-responsive. They seem to hide and don't want to be contacted. Any ideas, huh?

Due to the years of bad service from Tascam I will not be replacing my interface with that name. But I am in the air as to what the best kind would be. M-audio, Motu, Presonus Firepod, RME Fireface 800. I find pros and cons on each of them. I don't think I need the controls.......just a computer connection and I willl mouse it. The controlers don't any of the real tweaking anyway.

Choctaw.

Yo Choc:

You can call Sweetwater, [free call] and ask their service department about your problem. Seems as the shipping might run a few pezzutos depending where you are located.

Full Compass, [another free call] might also be able to repair your gear. You can call both for free and compare prices and shipping costs.

Or, buy new gear, which seems to be the way you're leaning.

Happy Spring
Green Hornet :D

fixing broken Tascam 428...up for grabs. It is OLD

The Green Hornet said:
Yo Choc:

You can call Sweetwater, or
Full Compass, [another free call] might also be able to repair your gear. You can call both for free and compare prices and shipping costs. Or, buy new gear, which seems to be the way you're leaning.

Thanks Green Hornet..for the info. Yes I am thinking about some other means of connecting to my computer. Just have so many choices now days. I have found that using the 428 as a connection without the controls works OK. The more I use the mouse & keyboard it seems to do a jam up job. Really having a control surface is just redundent..will check out a repair option. Hell maybe in clicking all the things in Cubae I might have disabled the rec button on the Tascam. Anyway I keep learning and moving on a track at time.

Choctaw

Back