Where can I get more GSS-files.

op76

Where can I get more styles?

Hi, I have rather old Cakewalk Guitar Studio 1.0 and I would like to get some new styles to use with Song Wizard...but from where? I´ve tried to use google but found nothing.

By the way, I think that the Song Wizard in Cakewalk is my salvation. I recently started to play guitar again and what in the world could be better training, than making a rythm by Song Wizard and play solos on that :D

Here is something I´ve played (my fingers are still in coma):

Get the last one, if you don´t like vanhalen-style(1) or tapping-style(2). It is a little bit slower and "nicer".

And here is my homepage (you can access to my guitar page by clicking "guitar" on left menu).

http://galileo.spaceports.com/~wsdome/en/index.htm

Last edited:
None of your mp3-links work, thought you'd like to know... ;)

And what is the "Song Wizard"?

moskus said:
None of your mp3-links work, thought you'd like to know... ;)

And what is the "Song Wizard"?

I tried those links and everyone of them worked (right click and save as)? Song Wizard as a song wizard!? I told that my Cakewalk is quite old...maybe there are no song wizard in newer/other Cakewalks I don´t know.

Oh, Save-as... I just clicked them, I'm used to that working.

I've used Cakewalk-products from PA7, and I don't remember any 'Song Wizard'. But anyway...

You're a screamin' guitarist! Too bad that the "backup-band" :-)D)) sounds like General Midi (nothing bad with GM, but it doesen't sound good, IMHO). Doesen't your axe-playing deserve better? ;)

If you have a SB Live! or Audigy you should look at Soundfonts for an instant upgrade of soundquality (www.hammersound.net and www.thesoundsite.net). :)

moskus said:
Oh, Save-as... I just clicked them, I'm used to that working.

I've used Cakewalk-products from PA7, and I don't remember any 'Song Wizard'. But anyway...

You're a screamin' guitarist! Too bad that the "backup-band" :-)D)) sounds like General Midi (nothing bad with GM, but it doesen't sound good, IMHO). Doesen't your axe-playing deserve better? ;)

If you have a SB Live! or Audigy you should look at Soundfonts for an instant upgrade of soundquality (www.hammersound.net and www.thesoundsite.net). :)

Thanks man...I needed that. I dont know what was on my mind when I "quit" playing in 1997...I really should have trained my playing.

Are you talking Cakewalk´s computer programs or something else? Because I´m talking about program. And yes, my band sound a bit like GM :D I do have a real band also, but they are playing gospel and I´m just playing solos for them (not sold my soul yet).

My soundcard is some crappy integrated chip on my main board...

Soundfonts is not a Cakewalk program. It's an 'addon' for your soundcard (but yours doesen't support it) that makes GM sound remarkably better.

I guess the 'Song Wizard' is only found in Guitar Studio... :)

Could moderator please edit this topic´s subject. I guess that better subject for this topic would be "Where can I get more styles" or you can think one by yourself. These style files are .wrk format and I´m not sure where I got that GSS?!

moskus said:
I'm guessing Guitar Studio Styles.

Have you tried ftp.cakewalk.com?

Good guess, but how could I thought that it is extention of a file.

I tried to find something from cakewalk.com earlier, but found nothing. They sure have a very tangled site there. Every link leads to nowhere and anywhere and everywhere :D

Back