When you finish mastering.

A7X

So when your done a full length album, mixed and mastered, whats the best way of making the CD. Buying blank CDs and doing it that way? or what?

Hmmm, ill google it and see what I can find, but you wanna give me some info of this?

www.kunaki.com I just got a batch from them and they're as pro as can be. Best price I was able to find, too. And no minimum. You can litterally order one to start. In fact, if you're in the States, they'll send you one free to see if you like it.

Ok so I buy a blank CD do everything off, do a cover for it, and all of that jazz. Send it to these guys, tell em how many copies and then wait for em to come back?

Also check out www.mixonic.com. I'm not saying it's better or worse than Kunaki, because I have not tried Kunaki. But I have been very happy with the stuff I have gotten back from Mixonic (CD and DVD both.) Compare and decide for yourself, but it's at least good to have a choice.

G.

Actually, when I first started looking into it, you gave me the link to Mixonic, Glen. Thanx again, by the way. Their worked looked great too. I have to say that the only reason I went with Kanaki was that the price was a bit better. But the main reason was no minimum order. But, like you, I'm not comparing the quality of one over the other because I can only speak for Kunaki's quality.

A7X said:
Ok so I buy a blank CD do everything off, do a cover for it, and all of that jazz. Send it to these guys, tell em how many copies and then wait for em to come back?
Basically that's the gist of it. Go to the site(s) and get all the info you need.

RAMI said:
I have to say that the only reason I went with Kanaki was that the price was a bit better. But the main reason was no minimum order.
Mixonic also has no minimums, just to be fair. If there is indeed no difference in quality, but the price is better, then, yeah I'd have to go with Kanaki. All else equal, why not go with the better price? :).

G.

SonicAlbert said:
Rami, are those Kunaki discs CDR's or CD's?
Sonic, they're CD's from what I can see on their site. I don't see the word CD-R anywhere in their description or FAQ. Does that make a big difference?

RAMI said:
Sonic, they're CD's from what I can see on their site. I don't see the word CD-R anywhere in their description or FAQ. Does that make a big difference?

I seriously doubt that they will print JUST ONE CD for you for free! Most places charge you at least $35 for a glass master! You HAVE to have a glass master before you can make a "real" CD.

To make a CDR is easy. Put it in the copier and go. Cost them about $.25.

In fact, I am almost convinced that they make CDR's. There is no way they can be profitable just printing 1 CD for $1.60 if they are "real" CD's.

RAMI said:
www.kunaki.com I just got a batch from them and they're as pro as can be. Best price I was able to find, too. And no minimum. You can litterally order one to start. In fact, if you're in the States, they'll send you one free to see if you like it.
Glad you ended up using them off my recommendation, RAMI. They've been great with me so far, no problems and top notch product!

Change of POETS said:
Glad you ended up using them off my recommendation, RAMI. They've been great with me so far, no problems and top notch product!
Damn, I was trying to find the old thread after thanking Glen for his recommendation, so that I can thank whoever steered me over there. Thanx alot, buddy...I'm more than happy with the product and the service. Glad you posted this so I could acknowlege you...thanx again, Poets. :cool: :p :D

RAMI said:
Damn, I was trying to find the old thread after thanking Glen for his recommendation, so that I can thank whoever steered me over there. Thanx alot, buddy...I'm more than happy with the product and the service. Glad you posted this so I could acknowlege you...thanx again, Poets. :cool: :p :D
Call me, Change. ;)

And no problem, glad you liked the service. I was shakey on them at first, then I bit the bullet and placed an order. I was really happy with the product, and have been recommending them since.

The one Glen recommended does 4 panel inserts, though... Kunaki only does 2 panel inserts.

For my bigger release (over 1000 copies) I use www.dungeon-replication.com and they do a top notch job as well. Great people there...

But for my short run and limited release projects, I'm sticking with Kunaki.

Back