When They Come Around My Block (CLIPS)

aiyo brutha,

you got a good voice there....some compression and reverb on that bad boy will really make your vocals stand out...I like the beat on this track to a little somethin you can ride to.....

Chorus is a little repetitive try:

Haters get shot when they come around my block

Haters get popped when this guns off lock

Haters get dropped by that 4-4 glock

Haters get boxed when they come around my block

Run Nigga-Run Nigga Nigga Nigga wit a gun

Holla

Thx Gec.

I did use a little reverb and somethin called "Studio Voice" in "cool Edit". I don't know where i can find compression.

I really need another mic though instead if of this $9.99 mic. lol oh yeah, i'll see can i change up the chrous a little bit so it won't sound kinda borin'. Imma do the second clip over for sure, need a little more mixin' skills on dat one. :)

Holla!!!!!!!!

hey
I do all my recording in Cool Edit, but when it comes to effects and mixing, Cood Edit is crap. I have been using Sonic Foundry's Acid Pro to do all my mixes after I record in Cool Edit. Its nice because all its effects can be tweaked in REAL TIME. It will set you back about $150, but its well worth it. It will work wonders for your beats, too. The only effect I think is worthwhile in cool edit is the noise reduction--which would clean up your vocal tracks nicely while youre still using that Radio Shack Mic. ;)

Matt

Sounds good, got a master p-down south type vibe to the beat. The vocals do need to stand out a little better. Bass has a little distortion on it, but the theme's comin through.

Thx for the feedback yall.

Imma do those verses over again and try to make it more louder. Then add some background vocals and try to get eveything more on beat.

Still gotta write some mo stuff though & get a decent mic.

Peace!!!!!

Back